Article: Alabama and Ohio State the only threats to Nebraska

BeatTexas

Someone needs to crash the Kool Aid semi. We have beaten no one, played no one. We really have no idea of what we have.

Washington was terrible on defense, the other two are not even to be considered.

Can we do the same against Texas, if we can then this crazy talk makes sense. Yes we look good, but so does a pig in ring of porcupines. Quit biting on the media hype.

I think we get there, but this is just too much too soon in my small pea brain.

We have yet to beat a top 15 team, Washing was ranked 52. Michigan has played tougher competition and looked just as good with a great QB, why aren't they getting this type of hype?

Just the flavor of the month?

Someone needs to crash the Kool Aid semi. We have beaten no one, played no one. We really have no idea of what we have.

Washington was terrible on defense, the other two are not even to be considered.

Can we do the same against Texas, if we can then this crazy talk makes sense. Yes we look good, but so does a pig in ring of porcupines. Quit biting on the media hype.

We have yet to beat a top 15 team, Washing was ranked 52. Michigan has played tougher competition and looked just as good with a great QB, why aren't they getting this type of hype?

Because Michigan has no defense :LOLtartar

Our defense looks to be nearly as strong as last year.

Remember we lost 3 games by a combined total of less than 4 points last year.

Even if we had a middle of the road offense last year we would've been a top 5 team and Big 12 champions. Texas and OU have been woefully inconsistent. OU can't defend against the run well (See Airforce). Texas can't move the ball on offense against half way decent defenses (See Texas Tech).

Nebraska would have beaten UMASS by 7 touchdowns.

The only top ten teams that are consistently slaying their lackluster competition right now are Oregon, Alabama, Ohio State, and Nebraska. If the Huskers haven't shown anything yet, then neither has Oregon. Bama and OSU are the only top ten teams that really have solid wins to their credit at this point.

I think we have seen enough to know that NU is way ahead of where they were last year on offense. And I think we have seen enough to know that the defense is on pace to be top 15 in pretty much every category by the end of the year.

And we saw losses to Iowas State, and Texas Tech.

We need to win a game of importance. We have not done that in years. The cart is in the next county and the horse is still asleep.

We have a defense proven against no one, same as Michigan or Arizona or Auburn or on and on.

Auburn should be in the mix and they are not even mentioned.

And we saw losses to Iowas State, and Texas Tech.

We need to win a game of importance. We have not done that in years. The cart is in the next county and the horse is still asleep.

We have a defense proven against no one, same as Michigan or Arizona or Auburn or on and on.

Auburn should be in the mix and they are not even mentioned.

Michigan's defense is getting lit up like a Christmas tree even by the creampuffs they've played so far. Arizona's defense didn't look good at all vs an average Iowa offense last week. Especially in the 2nd half. Auburn??

I think we've beat several teams of importance recently....Arizona, Oklahoma, Clemson, Missouri...not bad teams. The difference is that this year we're fully cremating opponents now on the ground. Imo, that's a BIG difference.

We came within an eyelash of beating good VT/Texas teams last year with "no" offense. It's not a stretch to see we're a different animal this year.

I agree with you in some respects. Realistically I do feel Washington's defense really wasn't much of one. At the same time when I see Oklahoma struggle to beat Utah State and the Air Force... Sorry but I like our chances. We beat them last year and I see us beating them again if we play. Same for Texas. We came within a second last year and they besides losing a heisman trophy candidate quarterback on offense really haven't looked overwhelming offensively this year either. The Huskers look better on offense than in 09 and even without Ndamukong Suh on defense they seemingly look better defensively.

Name one top 5 team we have beaten in 10 years.

Now most are talkig like we should be in the NCG.

Win the games on the field then talk.

We really have not done anything to warrant the comments being made other than the fact that Taylor has played exceptional. That is what is drawing the attention, not our defense, not our running backs,not our offensive line.

I think we are very good, but I want to see us play someone and do the the same things. Until we do I am not buying into all the hype.

Maybe it is the wife's Missouri roots growing on me, SHOW ME. When it counts.

If this was happening with South Carolina, who has one of the best running backs supposedly in the country, was getting this type of hype we would all be going poo poo.

Because it is us, it has to be fact.

Prove it, then talk about it. Texas goes down like the past have, I will agree whole heartedly, but until then, I do not see us on the level of Ohio State, Alabama and that is the level that is important.

Name one top 5 team we have beaten in 10 years.

Now most are talkig like we should be in the NCG.

Win the games on the field then talk.

We really have not done anything to warrant the comments being made other than the fact that Taylor has played exceptional. That is what is drawing the attention, not our defense, not our running backs,not our offensive line.

I think we are very good, but I want to see us play someone and do the the same things. Until we do I am not buying into all the hype.

Maybe it is the wife's Missouri roots growing on me, SHOW ME. When it counts.

If this was happening with South Carolina, who has one of the best running backs supposedly in the country, was getting this type of hype we would all be going poo poo.

Because it is us, it has to be fact.

Prove it, then talk about it. Texas goes down like the past have, I will agree whole heartedly, but until then, I do not see us on the level of Ohio State, Alabama and that is the level that is important.

It's funny but I do totally feel you on that. We do still have a lot to prove. I guess for me having already beat an OU team who started off being ranked fairly high last year and is currently ranked higher than us this year and more importantly coming within a second of beating a team who played for the National Championship last year. That's enough for me. Had Nebraska had an offense that was 10% better last year we beat that very same undefeated Texas team who played for the National Championship. Bo's got a defense, Alabama's D gave up 21 points last year with Garrett Gilbert at quarterback meanwhile Bo's Blackshirt's almost entirely shut down the very same offense with a heisman trophy candidate at quarterback. You also have to realize this is year 3 with coach Pelini running things post Solich & Callahan. I'm only concerned with now. (not with who we've beaten in the last 10 years...)