What T-Mart is doing is extremely surprising

I am from Southern California and saw T-Mart play several times in person and on TV out here and his performance as a Husker is drastically different then that as a High Schooler. He was the 3rd or 4th best play maker on his High School team and their offense was not nearly as Dependant on him as the huskers. I just found it interesting that he is becoming so dynamic in college. But i am sure glad he is turning out the way he is.

He was the California Highschool player of the year. That says soemthing about him as a playmaker.

Watching his Rivals highlight films from High School, it looks almost exactly like what he is doing now. He had a great reciever on that team, but he made the passes and his runs look to be as dynamic in high school as they are in college.

I think we are very dependent on him for production. I do not believe the other two would have 8 rushing touchdowns.

Seems to be the same can of whip ass in college as he was in high school.

I am from Southern California and saw T-Mart play several times in person and on TV out here and his performance as a Husker is drastically different then that as a High Schooler. He was the 3rd or 4th best play maker on his High School team and their offense was not nearly as Dependant on him as the huskers. I just found it interesting that he is becoming so dynamic in college. But i am sure glad he is turning out the way he is.

Funny that Martinez's HS coach and coach Sarkisian both said they are not surprised by his performance in college.

Funny that Martinez's HS coach and coach Sarkisian both said they are not surprised by his performance in college.

Agreed. Not to be a jerk, but this is probably why SoCal88 is not a coach at NU.

of course we wouldn't be the same team. We would be a team lead by one of the other 2 VERY capable quarterbacks. You don't have to beat a team by 3 touchdowns, or bust off a 85 yard run to win a game. You just have to have more points after 4 quarters. I think people forget that sometimes. I am very confident we could do that to any team in the Big12 if not country, without Taylor.

Agreed. Not to be a jerk, but this is probably why SoCal88 is not a coach at NU.

I'm not trying to say i didn't think he would be good or the best choice we had at quarterback. I just am coming from the perspective of someone who has seen this kid play since he was 16 that he didn't perform this well in those games. He was still a good player a very very good player but lets face it right now he has been nothing short of spectacular. I was just giving me two cents as someone who probably saw him lay more then most of you did as a High Schooler

eh? wasn't he like player of the year in Cali or something?

he was nominated as a candidate and his team won the state title (A game i went to) but he wasn't player of the year that was someone named Matt Barkley

Um wrong! Tmart was the max preps cali player of the year. Not Barkley.

Maxpreps is not the best site they are known to be homers for certain schools and often don't have actually employees attending some of the games they "cover". Barkley was the number 1 player on 90% of websites and papers and even Gatorade national player of the year. Tho he is so much hype my high school team played him 3 times as we are in the same league a Mater Dei and beat him all 3 times.

eh? wasn't he like player of the year in Cali or something?

he was nominated as a candidate and his team won the state title (A game i went to) but he wasn't player of the year that was someone named Matt Barkley

Um wrong! Tmart was the max preps cali player of the year. Not Barkley.

Maxpreps is not the best site they are known to be homers for certain schools and often don't have actually employees attending some of the games they "cover". Barkley was the number 1 player on 90% of websites and papers and even Gatorade national player of the year. Tho he is so much hype my high school team played him 3 times as we are in the same league a Mater Dei and beat him all 3 times.

He was also named the golden state southern california offensive player of the year. And led his team to a state champ something barkley can not say. And he put up those numbers and was only at that high school one year.