College Gamday

Rep The 402

I would have said Oklahoma a few weeks ago after their beat down of FSU (even though I think FSU is overrated). The Utah State and Air Force games have hurt them from being the best team imho. Even if AF has an offense you don't see every day, they should have at least performed better offensively against an outmatched defense.

Yeah, at this point in the year I would say we are. Only because Texas on the offense side hasn't played that well. And because of Oklahoma playing 2 very close games against Utah St. and Air Force. I know we have not exactly played anybody but at this point I think we are the best team in the big 12. But in 2 weeks it could be completely different.

My personal take on the Big Three is that we have been the most consistant team of the trio. Through all phases of the game NU has been the most impressive. Granted the competition is weak compared to the other two.

Offensively I like what the Huskers are doing. Again get back to me when the O performs this well against the likes of real defenses. The fronts that we will be going up against in the future are lightyears better than what we have faced. Again I like what we are doing but I reframe from saying the pipeline is back and will hold onto a verdict until they play the Whorns. The OLine has done what they should against these teams so far. KSU, Texass, etc will show us if Barney is earning that paycheck or putting up smoke and mirrors.

Taylor has been great but the hits that his body will take is only going to be harder and more violent, at least he should be evasive enough not to take direct shots. Passing, we all know will come, but it will be tough for him against Texas and their back four(arguably better than ours).

So the Skers and Boomer in my eyes are light years ahead of Bevo on offense. Boomer should only get better and Broyles and Landry are in tune right now, any help of a running game makes them scary. But as a total package on this date slight edge to DONU.

Defensively, and this will make some on the board butthurt, but Texas is playing the best right now in my eyes. The Whorn offense has almost given up as many points as the D. Hell the D has almost scored as much as Gilbert Grape. Their secondary is probably more talented across the board and are playing just sa if not better than the Blackshirts back 4. Their edge comes in the safties. Their front four has been more consistant and Acho may be the best DLineman in the league.

NU is a close second because of questions about the run defense so far, and I think we will know a lot more about the D after the KSU game when we see a physical pound the rock running game and the best back in the league.

Boomer is an enigma. They should be as good as anyone, but can't put it together. They better cause next week is the Shootout.

But like I said when you throw all three components together as of September 25th DONU get my nod as the best in the Big XII. After next week we'll see, I for one will be deeply watching the RRS.

Defensively, and this will make some on the board butthurt, but Texas is playing the best right now in my eyes. The Whorn offense has almost given up as many points as the D. Hell the D has almost scored as much as Gilbert Grape. Their secondary is probably more talented across the board and are playing just sa if not better than the Blackshirts back 4. Their edge comes in the safties. Their front four has been more consistant and Acho may be the best DLineman in the league.

NU is a close second because of questions about the run defense so far, and I think we will know a lot more about the D after the KSU game when we see a physical pound the rock running game and the best back in the league.

:yeah I think you have to split hairs to choose between the Nebraska D and Texas D so far, but the reality is the Blackshirts haven't put together a 60-minute performance on par with what Texas did last week. Both defenses are really, really good. If you've only watched the Husker games, it may seem hard to believe that the Texas secondary is every bit as good as ours, but it really is.

It's early, though. We'll know so much more in a few weeks.