The End is Near

Hercules

Very uninspiring. The good news is that it looks like there is no flat out dominate few teams this year (i.e. Bama last year, Florida and USC in recent years). Anyone in Top 10 can still be standing at the end with the crystal ball this year. I have not seen any team be excellent in all facets of the game. So we need to sure up what we are doing and be in position to win it all! But I do worry about a lot of aspects of our game that do not seem to be very good right now...

Yep, the biggest positive is that there just aren't that many dominant teams that we can see right now. There may be a couple and I'm mostly wondering what will happen, should we go up against them. Anybody else, I'm not that worried about.

At this point, because of their running games, I think the two scariest teams for us to play would be Oregon and Alabama... Looking forward to seeing what Oregon does against ASU tonight...

this is honestly good to humble this team, especially martinez. its no fluke scoring 56 on washington. this was a horrible game. our team expected nothing out of them. we'll be fine. will our offense struggle like this against good defenses? sure, but that's what the blackshirts are there for. you can't tell me that T-Mart is actually THAT bad at throwing. the coaches aren't stupid. Lee would be starting if we knew Martinez couldn't hit a wide open receiver (Marlowe) like that. it was a terrible showing and we'll be fine.

So can Martinez throw or not? I read all these articles this week about his arm strength and accuracy, but he's very flashy. I am not expecting experience out of a redshirt freshman, but that many bad throws/interceptions against a team of that caliber, with defensive coverage of that caliber? And what's with the decision to put Green in at that point??? I still don't understand why Green goes in when he does - nothing good has come of it yet.

Martinez has poor footwork, poor throwing mechanics, poor pocket presence and questionable decision making when pressured.

But he can throw the ball hard.

Martinez has poor footwork, poor throwing mechanics, poor pocket presence and questionable decision making when pressured.

This is exactly what the 'debbie downers' have been saying. He may be our best QB, but if we have no passing threat, then that is going to potentially become a problem.

The simple fact is our team got outplayed and won on talent. It happens all the time in the sporting world; Nebraska's no exception. We played down to our opponent and played vintage 2009 Nebraska offense. What do you expect when we do that? The shining light is our defense continues to win us games when our offense falters. The struggle for consistency goes on, unfortunately, and we join the ranks of Big 12 teams that have done their darndest to drop a game in the non-con.

Way to go boys. Loved the effort.

This is exactly what the 'debbie downers' have been saying. He may be our best QB, but if we have no passing threat, then that is going to potentially become a problem.

Was that the problem tonight? I was only able to listen on the radio, and obviously it was a problem, but it sounded like we couldn't run the ball at all. What was up with our O-line?

Was that the problem tonight? I was only able to listen on the radio, and obviously it was a problem, but it sounded like we couldn't run the ball at all. What was up with our O-line?

I just cant figure out how our offensive line would leave DE untouched on a zone read play and when they did attempt to block it was light push on the shoulder pad.

the good news is that outside nebraska, no one will care about this game. it is what it is. i have not heard this game mentioned, and the only time i heard NU mentioned what the commentators for the tu game said that we were the team to beat. :moreinteresting

Wrong thread. This thread is more like: :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh :ahhhhhhhh

Calm down haters. How many fans can look themselves in the mirror and say that they were as fired up/intense about watching this game compared to last week? That's what I thought. So, how can you expect 17-22 year old kids not act in the same manner? Pelini's teams have always responded well the next game after a poor showing, so that's bad news for K-Sux!

I only listened as well. I think the OL is more than ABLE to dominate a better team than SDSU (see last week). The difference then is, is Martinez ABLE to deliver a passing threat?