The End is Near

Hercules

Martinez does not have a good enough arm to get us through conference play. Hopefully our o-line can pick it up so we are able to run better on the rest of the teams on our schedule.

O Yeah because conference play is so tough! *Sarcasm* Are you telling me that Taylor can't get us through these games? If you believe this then you sir are a fool.

Iowa State,Kansas,Colorado,KansasState,Missouri

I read half of these posts last night and I was kind of disappointed. I wanted way more "sky is falling" freak-outs.

The team was flat and played uninspired.

I think it was good they got their first taste of adversity against a team they could beat on talent alone. As of right now I think the staff will get this team back on track.

Martinez looked like a freshman and made many bad choices. His throwing seems to have taken a step back but it could easily take a step forward soon. It looked like all of that "confidence" was gone sometime in the 3rd quarter.

For the Watson/ game plan haters:

It was a vanilla game plan. Martinez threw 14 passes. That isn't exactly airing it out.

Those zone reads in the second half weren't reads. They were designed hand offs. I don't think the staff liked the QB decision making a reeled it in.

I am fully convinced that there is something personal going on with Lee. Last night would've been a great time to play him. Martinez struggled. Green even worse.

Concerns:

Fumbles

O-line

Teams running right at us.

There is now a small little voice in the back of my head that says "uh-oh, that looked like last year's offense."

• Fire 1

I read half of these posts last night and I was kind of disappointed. I wanted way more "sky is falling" freak-outs.

I think it was good they got their first taste of adversity against a team they could beat on talent alone. As of right now I think the staff will get this team back on track.

Martinez looked like a freshman and made many bad choices. His throwing seems to have taken a step back but it could easily take a step forward soon. It looked like all of that "confidence" was gone sometime in the 3rd quarter.

It was a vanilla game plan. Martinez threw 14 passes. That isn't exactly airing it out.

Those zone reads in the second half weren't reads. They were designed hand offs. I don't think the staff liked the QB decision making a reeled it in.

I am fully convinced that there is something personal going on with Lee. Last night would've been a great time to play him. Martinez struggled. Green even worse.

Concerns:

Fumbles

O-line

There is now a small little voice in the back of my head that says "uh-oh, that looked like last year's offense."

It's kinda funny everybody was on board with this offense after the beat downs of WKU and Idaho. But their were a few people on this board that have their doubts including me. If something doesnt change then we gonna be in trouble trying to win this conference. But I thought it would be conference play(texas game) before this offense would have some trouble moving the ball down the field. The fact that the struggle came against SDSU doesnt look good. Right now we are no better than last year as far as Points, Yards, Redzone %, Penalties.

Concerns:

Fumbles

O-line

Word around camp this Fall was that Lee was miffed that he was sharing snaps with Green / Martinez and wanted the majority of them like last year since he missed reps in spring camp. Supposedly (hearing this from a reporter who attended a few practices) it took Lee a few weeks to shake off the rust and was far behind the two other QB's. I guess more than once Lee lost it in camp and lashed out at his supporting cast for his struggles. I don't know how you can expect a guy to not throw a ball for 6 months and expect him to win the job over two superior athletes.

My only real complaint from the game is the offensive and defensive coaching. We had zero run/pass blitz, ran the zone read 10 million times. Also, and this is the biggest thing that annoys me.

Rex lines up in the slot for the first time. I look to my buddy and say, Rex will go into motion and they will run a motion zone read. Low and behold they did exactly what I said. They ran that play at least 4 or 5 times on Saturday, and I saw it coming the second Rex moved to the slot. If I, a fan from the stands can predict our plays just by watching where one player lines up, imagine how easy it is to scheme against that offense. I know we won't be calling plays like this when conference plays begin, be it was frustrating none the less.

My only real complaint from the game is the offensive and defensive coaching. We had zero run/pass blitz, ran the zone read 10 million times. Also, and this is the biggest thing that annoys me.

Rex lines up in the slot for the first time. I look to my buddy and say, Rex will go into motion and they will run a motion zone read. Low and behold they did exactly what I said. They ran that play at least 4 or 5 times on Saturday, and I saw it coming the second Rex moved to the slot. If I, a fan from the stands can predict our plays just by watching where one player lines up, imagine how easy it is to scheme against that offense. I know we won't be calling plays like this when conference plays begin, be it was frustrating none the less.

Yeah I know what you mean,we had no push up front on top of being rather predictable. It seemed like helu had 4-5 runs that resulted in negative yards.

Cant disagree with that one. We have become predictable, which bugs me to death. Its 2002 and 2009 all over again. Instead of Jammal Lord left and Jammal Lord right. It is now Taylor Martinez zone read right and Taylor Martinez zone read left.

I'll be the first to say it. The play calling sucked. Obviously the zone read and stretch plays were not working, especially in the second half. However, the power running was. So why run 2-3 power plays, pick up a first and then run a zone read followed by a stretch (this happened a lot) and face 3rd and long?

We run the Zone Read WAY TOO MUCH! Does Watson know anything else besides that formation? We ran the ball down Washintons throats last week and most of the time out of the zone read. Shawn Watson is relying on Martinez too much to lead this offense.

Remember how Dr. Tom used to run dive plays to lull the opponents to sleep and set up the long pass?

I wouldn't be too surprised if Watts is holding back and showing the zone read more than a little so our future opponents might not expect us to go with what works..Or to skew our trends a little.

That said, I'd seen this picture of what looks a little like THE END OF THE WORLD as we know it..at KSU..Delaying the game last Saturday.

60567_10150254876340261_578520260_14850497_569923_n.jpg

And here I thought I was the guy who put the turd in the punch bowl!!!!

Come on guys it is not as bad as it could have been. We could have easily lost that game. They had a TD on their second attempt and the one called back. If they had gotten those two, who knows what would have happened.

Our job now is to support them, stop the negativity and look for reasons to be excited about KState. Put this behind us. The quicker the better.

Way to put the saniflush in the toilet bowl

I'll be the first to say it. The play calling sucked. Obviously the zone read and stretch plays were not working, especially in the second half. However, the power running was. So why run 2-3 power plays, pick up a first and then run a zone read followed by a stretch (this happened a lot) and face 3rd and long?

We run the Zone Read WAY TOO MUCH! Does Watson know anything else besides that formation? We ran the ball down Washintons throats last week and most of the time out of the zone read. Shawn Watson is relying on Martinez too much to lead this offense.

Remember how Dr. Tom used to run dive plays to lull the opponents to sleep and set up the long pass?

I wouldn't be too surprised if Watts is holding back and showing the zone read more than a little so our future opponents might not expect us to go with what works..Or to skew our trends a little.

That said, I'd seen this picture of what looks a little like THE END OF THE WORLD as we know it..at KSU..Delaying the game last Saturday.

60567_10150254876340261_578520260_14850497_569923_n.jpg

That is just the blackshirts descending on Manhattan........