Did anyone think of this?????

Does anyone out there think that maybe BC looked at this game as a glorified practice? With the depth we have, we should be able to wear them out. I think BC took this game as a chance to work on things the team was struggling with at game speed in a game environment. That would explain the one long pass in this game compared to all the ones in the spring game. Just looking for opinions on this.

What do you all think????? :huh:

I think this is partially possible, at least about the deep ball. This is Taylor at his best, and he did only throw deep once, and look what happened. So THAT part is possible. But there was NO excuse for lack of execution in the red zone.

If what you are saying is accurate, and BC is using this as a glorified practice, then that means he was willing to LOSE the game on the scoreboard, seeing as NU was only up BY A SCORE in the 4th. In that case, he would NOT be a coach we need.

I think this is partially possible, at least about the deep ball. This is Taylor at his best, and he did only throw deep once, and look what happened. So THAT part is possible. But there was NO excuse for lack of execution in the red zone.

If what you are saying is accurate, and BC is using this as a glorified practice, then that means he was willing to LOSE the game on the scoreboard, seeing as NU was only up BY A SCORE in the 4th. In that case, he would NOT be a coach we need.

:yeah

I really wish I could believe this talk of us keeping our offensive playbook tucked away and BC playing a lot of guys to get experience...but we were just a team that couldnt execute and hold off turnovers. The talent is there, it just needs to take care of business-catching the football, holding onto the ball for our RB's, and executing blocks up front.

I really wish I could believe this talk of us keeping our offensive playbook tucked away and BC playing a lot of guys to get experience...but we were just a team that couldnt execute and hold off turnovers. The talent is there, it just needs to take care of business-catching the football, holding onto the ball for our RB's, and executing blocks up front.

Good point.

The thing that worries me:

If we turn the ball over 5 Times running limited, bread and butter plays, what the he11 happens when we open it up?!? Every 'new' play we run against Wake is a play that has NOT seen game experience this year. Now this can be translated into a good or bad thing...but given our track record thus far, you be the judge. :box

I think most of our difficulties on offense were first game jitters. The only thing that really concerns me is the 38 yards rushing we had at half-time. But Callahan will keep things pretty much vanilla against Wake this weekend. Which is good because from what I saw we need to keep it that way for another week of so.

I do expect our offense to improve a bunch in each of our next couple of games. Taylor should calm down and our offensive line should get a little better at opening up holes.

Very young team = Close games

I believed the hype and added to it but the hype is over and the reality is that this too will be a re-building year. We have some great talent but they need experience and they are getting tested in the fire. We must improve each week and I believe we will. Seven or Eight wins will be tough but is possible but not with play like the Maine game. Lets rally behind our team, thats all we can do! :horns2

Does anyone out there think that maybe BC looked at this game as a glorified practice?

IF that is the case then it shows exactly how incompetent he really is, and how little he knows about the game.

Or he is just a bad coach.

Yup you are right formerfan. I agree with you completely. That's why he's a DIV-A coach making over 1.6 million dollars and you are not. :blink:

Go find a DIV-A if your so knowledgeable.

Yup you are right formerfan.

Whats new :thumbs

I agree with you completely.

About time you came around :cheers

That's why he's a DIV-A coach making over 1.6 million dollars and you are not.  :blink:

Really, so just because someone is dumb enough to pay you alot of money, that means that you are good at what you do, or that you are smart??

Would you say the same things about the failed CEO's of Enron, Tyco, Worldcomm, Qwest, and Lucent???? :wtf

Ive ran across alot of dumb people who make alot of money. Theyre easy to spot, they drive Hummers. ;)

Go find a DIV-A if your so knowledgeable.

As billy c and cozgroovy have shown, its more about who you know, than what you know :smokin

As billy c and cozgroovy have shown, its more about who you know, than what you know :smokin

You could say this about 85% of coaches. They get a break when they first start by someone they know. This isn't anything new.

Back to the topic. No I don't think they looked at this game a practice. He may have overlooked Maine but I don't think he viewed it as practice.