Odd feelings for CU

krc1995

I don't think the criticism of CU storming the field after beating a 1-3 team is justified. Georgia just got back two of their best players with one of them almost a lock on being a first round draft pick. They have been a fairly strong SEC team. Plus, CU hasn't won back to back games for a couple of years. Put yourself in their shoes. Imagine having a few 2007 type seasons here at Nebraska then seeing a team like Penn State come to Lincoln and have us win. I'd be surprised if we didn't storm the field even though Penn State wasn't ranked.

I don't think the criticism of CU storming the field after beating a 1-3 team is justified. Georgia just got back two of their best players with one of them almost a lock on being a first round draft pick. They have been a fairly strong SEC team. Plus, CU hasn't won back to back games for a couple of years. Put yourself in their shoes. Imagine having a few 2007 type seasons here at Nebraska then seeing a team like Penn State come to Lincoln and have us win. I'd be surprised if we didn't storm the field even though Penn State wasn't ranked.

1-3. 1-3 dude. Seriously. It's pathetic.

All jokes about CU aside, I think they're showing that they're not going to be a pushover at all this year. Georgia being 1-3 doesn't magically mean they've lost all their good SEC athletes, and CU took them down. Tyler Hansen is a real threat and they're clearly not just going to lay down and take beatings this year. I'm expecting a tougher game this year than I was about two months ago.

That said, I hope nothing good for them. I have zero good things to say about them. Except maybe that their coeds are pretty hot. Even then, I'll take a nice Husker girl over a CU girl any day.

Ehh I think that I would have to disagree with Colorado being a threat I think that they will be a sub .500 team. They beat a 1-4 Colorado light team,a 1-4 georgia team,a horrible hawaii team with no defense,and they got blown out 52-7 against a 2-2 california team.

I dont hate CU as much as i hate Texas, but when i was 12 (story time) I was in Colorado snowboarding with my uncle. It was 2001 when we went undefeated, but lost to Colorado the last game of the year and still went to the championship game vs Miami. I was actually in Colorado for the title game and my uncle and i went to Pizza hut to have dinner after snowboarding all day, and of course we wore Nebraska gear. Well i felt like we were fresh meat in prison, they were calling us names and cursing, and pretty much everything else you could think of. I was 12, and they pretty much wanted to beat my a$$ haha. We ended up getting our Pizza to go and got out of there, but ever since then, i realized how horrible their fans are!

Only casual fans can pull for another program. I for one would be happy as a pig in sh#t if Colorado never won another game again. Same goes for every other team in the country. I bleed Husker red, plain and simple.

I hate Cu,Ksu,Mu but I want these 3 teams to go bowling so that it makes our strength of schedule looks better.

I've always rooted against CU and the conference brother or SOS argument could never really change that. but now....

I'll root for 'em. June completely changed the way I feel towards them. I was extremely happy for them the day it was announced they were going to the Pac 10 (the day before UNL officially announced the Big 10 move iirc). Happy that it made our move seem less like a rumor but happy for them as well.

Personally, part of it may be that I'm a transplanted Coloradoan living on the east coast so I have more affinity towards anything western or Colorado (as a State). I was pissed off when Texas politics almost pushed a Colorado team out of the way for the sake of Baylor (#$%&ing Baylor?!). I guess it felt slightly personal.

There is a little bit of "kinship" or whatever that they are leaving too. and frankly from CU fans that I know, they seemed to have lightened up A LOT when it comes to Nebraska.

I've been to several games in Boulder, including 2005 when their student section was evicted, and their fans are jackasses, yes. There was some treatment I received that you would of course NEVER see in Lincoln. at the same time however, I've been told about personal experiences other fans have had in other arenas/stadiums and CU fans don't even compare.

As for the zen master. he's a tool. I would only root against CU at this point if it meant it would easier for them to dump his a$$ and hire Mike Leach.

daggumit if I didnt find myself cheering for them yesterday tho...

Me too.

The meltdown around Atlanta is slow and enjoyable.

Just how I prefer it.

It is glorious IMO.

10-15 years ago UGA fans were some of the nicest people you ever wanted to be around.

That has changed. They are some of the rudest, most foul mouthed, non class having fans in the SEC.

They are getting exactly what they deserve!