Running QB vs Passing QB vs Dual Threat QB

Fuzzy

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The point i was getting at is that older generation Huskers want to see a running QB instead of a passing QB. You can hear it with the crowd, the fans get more riled up when seeing a QB sprint from the backfield, dance around a few times and then turn on the jets for the endzone. To hell if he has a man open downfield, they would rather see him run. Am I right?

While the newer generation Husker fans want to see a Dual Threat QB, someone who will make smart choices to either run the ball or throw the ball. Doesn't matter, we just wanna see TD's no matter how gets them as long as its the Huskers.

As for a Passing QB? Well lets face it, passing first is something the Huskers can forget about, Joe Ganz's passing records will stay for a very long time.

The problem is that some people think that Nebraska qb's were only running qb's in the 80's and 90's. They could pass and usualy when they did it was for a first or td's. I rather see a qb with a stat line of 11/15 150 2 td's and 15/120 running 3 td's then 18/33 245 1-td 2int.

Well, of course. The first stat line is both running AND passing well with 5 TD's!! But which of these would you prefer:

6/10 95 1 TD 1 INT passing and 15/105 3 TD running

18/33 255 4 TD 1 INT passing and 3/2 yards running

Personally, I like a decent passer that can scramble (ala Ganz) with good running from the backs. But anybody who can make good decisions and lead the Huskers to victory is easy to root for.

Vick has a 109 QB rating don't get me wrong he's never played this good but if he stays consistent then thats the type of QB I'd choose over any.

yeah vick hasn't played anybody yet though so far so good but we need to see how he does throughout the season after he gets back from the rib cartilage injury.