Xs and Os of Pelini's defense

I like to think of myself as a fairly knowledgeable, learned football fan. however, after spending 3 minutes reading through these pages, i fear my brain is melting. i guess id better start drinking myself back into a football euphoria in anticipation for tonights game. :wasted

lol, yeah, it takes time. What I did was read one or two articles a night. It goes faster/easier than it sounds.... Air Raid was a fun read for me. It'll drain ya though.

Maybe you guys will be a little more patient with Eric Martin now!

I don't think that anyone said anything negative about Eric or LaVonte, but the simple truth is they don't know the defensive responsibilies as well as Fisher and Compton do.

I think we all know that the Pelini defense is difficult to learn.

Maybe you guys will be a little more patient with Eric Martin now!

I don't think that anyone said anything negative about Eric or LaVonte, but the simple truth is they don't know the defensive responsibilies as well as Fisher and Compton do.

I think we all know that the Pelini defense is difficult to learn.

I disagree with you. Over the last two seasons I've kind of got the feeling in general that somehow (a few) people think that Eric's struggles with learning the defense (and what the heck, he's just a sophomore anyway) is a reflection of his intelligence. I mean, I'm not going to accuse the guy of being a rocket scientist but these things are more difficult to pick up than some people think.

I think what's been said is that Eric is not dedicated enough to the mental aspect of the game; i.e film study. I'm sure he's picked it up by now.

Maybe Bo needs to simplify his schemes so we can get younger athletic talents on the field instead of needing guys who have years under their belts :)

I think what's been said is that Eric is not dedicated enough to the mental aspect of the game; i.e film study. I'm sure he's picked it up by now.

Maybe Bo needs to simplify his schemes so we can get younger athletic talents on the field instead of needing guys who have years under their belts :)

I see what you did there and I love it.