This is a surreal feeling.

epocSoN

I don't know why... but it is just now hitting me that we will probably never play this team again, or any team in the big 12 after this year. It's really weird and surreal. I just want to say to Kansas State, and all other big 12 teams that I will miss this. I respect and appreciate every team in this conference, and while I am excited for new things to come in the big 10, I will not forget the many years we spent in this conference.

I tip my hat to you Kansas State.... I'll see ya when I see ya.

• Fire 2

I'll definitely miss OU, but since the founding of the Big XII, well, that game has just become like a Civil War re-enactment. We get together and think, "Wow, there were a lot of big games in this rivalry back in the Before Time." Never liked CU and often forget that they're here, I'll miss ISU and KU... I like A&M for some reason, too. But mostly, the Big XII never felt right, very disjointed, not very cohesive, etc. Maybe if they had established permanent cross over games, like the Big Ten is going to be doing, then it would haven't had felt like such a meandering collection of indifference. Establishing a yearly game between NU and OU, for example, would have been most excellent. Instead, someone manufactured the NU/CU "rivalry," which was just insulting. It's like being in jr. high and you end up dating someone by default because everyone else is pairing off and saying that the two of you are "cute together." The Big XII has never felt like a home or even any kind of collaborative body... just some people who got lumped together for Texas's benefit.

Does this feeling extend to the Texas teams as well? I mean, think about it. We played most of those teams like 8 times. Are you really going to miss and continue to respect Baylor because Nebraska and them played a handful of times? Teams from the Big 8, sure, a history exists, but after that, I don't think enough of a long-standing relationship exists to feel very nostalgic.

Outside of the original Big 8 teams, the only team Im gonna miss is AtM. Went down there a few years ago for the game & have never felt so welcomed & respected by a rival fan base than theirs. Going to College Station should be on your bucket list of places to see a football game. It also helps that I think they hate Texassss more than we do. After the game their fans were cool that we beat them, they just really wanted us to beat ut.