The Texas Game

I was referring to the actual video portion. Once Callahan came on I stopped the video.

Also, I agree, the Tunnel Walk last year was pretty good. But I still prefer the 2006 version over the main tunnel walk last year. 2006 Tunnel Walk + epoc's "In The Deed The Glory" video would be great.

I little bit more on topic, I think I have seen enough of the :01. It won't make me angry anymore. I will always be happy to argue with anyone about whether or not I think the second should have been added back (I, of course, do not, no matter how many times a member of the media says it was right). I just don't really get pissed about it anymore. I used to change the channel when the ESPN3 commercials came on. But now that the new season is fully underway, I think I'm over it.

Maybe this whole thought of leaving the Big 12 as conference champs is soothing that. Let's leave this damn conference without a defending champ!

*warning* Callahan is in this video -- may induce vomiting.

I'm really 'not just saying this'...there is just a general lack of excitement in the stadium and with the players during that tunnel walk. and seriously, the look on Clownahans face as he touches The Horseshoe, is like "man what if a cow sh#t on this thing...do I really have to touch it?"

The electricity is back at Memorial. thank God

I'll throw a video out. 2006 vs Texas Tunnel Walk video.

The 2006 Tunnel Walk was the best I have ever seen. They were so intense: dramatic music, well placed highlights, players stories, "I play for Nebraska", and Keith Jackson to end it. I could watch this one over and over. I wouldn't mind if they used this same template forever.

Ugh.

1. Callahan ruins it

2. WTF with the players not touching the horseshoe? Suh? NO WONDER NUNN FUMBLED.

3. The over-hyped players also don't get it.

This is how the greatest football team of all time enters the field. All business. Way more intimidating.

My personal favorite tunnel walk, in terms of the video production, would actually have to be the OU/KSU versions from 2009, with the "In the Deed the Glory" video preceding it. Although the countdown theme was a little bit of a stretch, it's cool because it leaves room for improvement!

Oh man, that's what I am talking about. Although I absolutely love Epocson in the Deed the Glory with the black and whatnot, it is badass...

there is something about the tunnel walk when it was just a tunnel walk. a thousand or so fans lining the entry, the fans in the stands getting there first glimpse of the team as they gather at the entry. the crescendo as the team pauses, then the deafening roar as they take the field. Its seems that all the technology takes away(and makes too long sometimes) what should be an ass stomping entry into our stadium...if they keep it loud, short, intimidating, then I don't really mind all the videos and stuff. But when it gets dragged out and everyones watching instead of cheering, it takes away from what's actually going on the field

I am still very worried about the Texas game. It might be partly because of their history of pulling out lucky as hell wins or just their name, but I get nervous. This is still a very good defense, especially against the run. I just don't expect Martinez to break off many big runs like he has at Washington/KSU. Our passing game is average at best and they have very good corners. I think this will be a very tough game, and they will be ready - they've had a bye week.

On the other hand, I don't see how they will score short of turnovers by us. They have no running game and we just shut down the best back in the Big 12, maybe the nation. Gilbert is a freshman going against one of the best secondaries in the nation. They will have an extremely hard time scoring. Also, they got blasted by UCLA and beaten by OU, both of whom have underperformed numerous times throughout the year.

I try to remain positive but there are still some big concerns. One thing I'm not too worried about is our focus. We will be foaming at the mouth for this game.

growing in nebraska you never really develop hate for anything. Ive disliked teams but there was never any team to despise of because weed always beat them. But after last year and for the rest of my life, f#*k TEXAS.

LOL "weed always beat them" best typo ever

there is no way Ne isnt ready for this game. I predict fire in the Huskers eyes, and a dominating win! One big run from T-mart will make the crowd go insane, and from then on, the crowd alone will win the game for us. If the crowd doesnt pull through, then we got our defense who will, if the d doesnt step up, then we actually have a offense this year that could win a game for us.

Ne wins easy!

TX will be a tougher D than NU has seen by far. T-Mart wont run for 200, he needs to limit turnovers. If NU gets a lead and forces TX to throw its over the O, can take a knee and let the D score. My only worry is T-Mart not getting big plays and forcing things into turnovers.

T-Mart rises to the challenge, NU hangs half a hundred on em.