What if you have Dish?

Just bringing this up as it hit me today. As many probably know Dish network is having a disagreement with Fox sports. I dont know why, but i myself can view the rocky mountain station, but not the midwest as well as fx (which does not pertain to sports). Bottom line, is there anything that can be done if the day comes that Nebraska is broadcast by FSN, cuz i could be really pissed.

Just bringing this up as it hit me today. As many probably know Dish network is having a disagreement with Fox sports. I dont know why, but i myself can view the rocky mountain station, but not the midwest as well as fx (which does not pertain to sports). Bottom line, is there anything that can be done if the day comes that Nebraska is broadcast by FSN, cuz i could be really pissed.

if nu was on fox, it would probably be on all of the fox sports. but i know, i get blacked out from a lot of games on fox mountain, and i was pretty upset that i missed tulu and the rockies.

I'm in Denver so I've always been able to view FSN Rocky Mountain but not FSN Midwest. Those are based on your location. The only channel lost due to the disagreement is FX so far. It doesn't bother me much since next year we won't be on FSN anymore. If you're really concerned, I suggest writing/e-mailing/calling Fox (and Dish) and telling them to get it done or you'll watch other stations (switch to another provider like DirecTv).

I'm in Denver so I've always been able to view FSN Rocky Mountain but not FSN Midwest. Those are based on your location. The only channel lost due to the disagreement is FX so far. It doesn't bother me much since next year we won't be on FSN anymore. If you're really concerned, I suggest writing/e-mailing/calling Fox (and Dish) and telling them to get it done or you'll watch other stations (switch to another provider like DirecTv).

My dish package, i have both rocky mountain (414) and midwest (418) I can view rocky mountain-was watching the asu-wash game on it tonight-but midwest has a constant running of information about the fox disagreement, and yes, no fx either. it will come to changing providers if there are not other options, i was just hoping for another option.

I'm not switching providers for a channel that I rarely watch. I've had a good experience with Dish especially compared to the terrible job Comcast does here. FSN does a poor job with their color guys (Dave Laptham might be the most annoying in the business) and production value IMO, and the only FX show I'd watch is "The League". Just personally opinion though.

According to Dish, Fox wanted to increase the retransmission fee for FSMW by 50%. Yeah it kinda sucks not having it for now but if they caved in every time a network tried to bump their fees then you'd soon see your bill going up quite a bit. In general a lot of networks have been trying to increase their fees to compensate for lost advertising revenue in the bad economy and increased expenditures on exclusive content.