What's Desmond Howard Smoking?

HuskerT

OK, what's the flat out lie? Taylor has been caught from behind, hasn't he?

And it is a bit alum homerish, but how is that different than any of our opinions on the differences between the two. We could be just as wrong as he. I guess Robinson can be caught too.

I guess what's unclear is where he said Robinson is better than Taylor because he is faster. In the OP, you just said that he said Denard was faster. What was the full context of that quote? Homerism aside, though, I do think that Denard is a better QB than Taylor. Both are explosive, but Denard is far more complete as a quarterback. I don't mean that Taylor is a bad QB, but it would be a lie to say he's a polished, complete one.

I guess my point is, Desmond shouldn't be subject to a ton of criticism for this.

I record all the college gameday finals and I just happened to be watching Thursday nights. Desmond Howard was asked what the difference was between T-Magic and Shoelace Robinson and he said that Taylor was caught from behind and Robinson would never get caught from behind. I guess he might be referring to Kstate having an angle on him and catching him that one time, but if that's what he came up with he doesn't have a clue. It's obviously Michigan bias. He should be ashamed of himself for making that irresponsible statement.

I don't have a link to this, but hopefully some of you saw this and can add to it.

"Irresponsible"? I think you're being a little dramatic.

And it is a bit alum homerish, but how is that different than any of our opinions on the differences between the two. We could be just as wrong as he. I guess Robinson can be caught too.

I guess what's unclear is where he said Robinson is better than Taylor because he is faster. In the OP, you just said that he said Denard was faster. What was the full context of that quote? Homerism aside, though, I do think that Denard is a better QB than Taylor. Both are explosive, but Denard is far more complete as a quarterback. I don't mean that Taylor is a bad QB, but it would be a lie to say he's a polished, complete one.

I guess my point is, Desmond shouldn't be subject to a ton of criticism for this.

i think dennard is probably better as well, i mean he is the whole offense. people have to be afraid of taylor because he might hand it off. that is why the zone read works so well, they are as afraid of him handing it off as they are of him keeping. i think we will see a lot more balanced stats between t-mart, rex, and roy this week.

With all due respect please re-read my OP. I never said anything about Denard being faster. I guess it's one of those things where I can say what I want about my guys, but nobody else better.