What's Desmond Howard Smoking?

HuskerT

I record all the college gameday finals and I just happened to be watching Thursday nights. Desmond Howard was asked what the difference was between T-Magic and Shoelace Robinson and he said that Taylor was caught from behind and Robinson would never get caught from behind. I guess he might be referring to Kstate having an angle on him and catching him that one time, but if that's what he came up with he doesn't have a clue. It's obviously Michigan bias. He should be ashamed of himself for making that irresponsible statement.

I don't have a link to this, but hopefully some of you saw this and can add to it.

I don't think it's preposterous to suggest that one of those two has more straight-line speed than the other. Between those two I don't know who it would be. Both are explosive, but could Robinson have an extra gear that Taylor doesn't? It's possible I guess.

Because Taylor got caught once on an angle, it's ok to suggest that he's being caught from behind. It just bothers me.

Well robinson is on a 4-5 loss michigan team ... I am going to laugh when they start getting dumped on and move out of the polls.I don't care how good he is,with that defense you are going to lose alot of games. Really? last in the country in pass defense come on Michigan!LMAO

The biggest difference I see between Denard and Taylor is Taylor never appears to be laboring to run fast. Denard always appears to be. It's like he's trying hard to run that fast. With Taylor it's almost as if he's gliding.

I've noticed this too. Denard chugs along, pumping his arms furiously, while Taylor is smooth and fluid.

Why do we care who is faster and who can get run down from behind? They are both ridiculously fast, this is absurd.

Because it influences people who've never seen either play. It's not about who's faster to me, it's about saying things that aren't true. Taylor's never been caught from behind and I haven't seen enough of Robinson to know if he has or hasn't so I wouldn't pretend like I know.

I have watched that play a few times because it surprised me that he was caught, to tell you the truth the guy had an angle but when I see it I think that Martinez let of the gas some. That's what I thought the first time I saw it on the highlight reel and after re-watching I think I'm right. I just now watched again before I posted this.

No way to know but it is my first impression. Last week was the most I've seen Denard do not the best game to watch to watch him.

I have watched that play a few times because it surprised me that he was caught, to tell you the truth the guy had an angle but when I see it I think that Martinez let of the gas some. That's what I thought the first time I saw it on the highlight reel and after re-watching I think I'm right. I just now watched again before I posted this.

No way to know but it is my first impression. Last week was the most I've seen Denard do not the best game to watch to watch him.

I just watched the game this afternoon and I agree - Martinez clearly let off the gas on that run. I couldn't see why, especially when he stated a game or two ago that he had never yet had to run at full speed, but for whatever reason, when that guy caught him he was not running all-out.

I just watched the game this afternoon and I agree - Martinez clearly let off the gas on that run. I couldn't see why, especially when he stated a game or two ago that he had never yet had to run at full speed, but for whatever reason, when that guy caught him he was not running all-out.

What highlight are we talking about here?

What highlight are we talking about here?

I am many beers into my afternoon, so forgive me if I can't recall exactly, but it's later in the KSU game and Taylor was running down the near sideline on the camera angle towards the goal line, and was knocked out of bounds somewhere near the 12-ish yard line? Don't quote me 100% on that, but it's close. I also watched the first half of Washington this afternoon while stripping old wallpaper off my family room, so I'm a little fuzzy on the details. And there's the beer situation.

I was just using that play as an example of why Desmond Howard might have said that Taylor was caught from behind. He had to bounce out to the sideline which allowed the defense to catch up. He clearly wasn't caught from behind.