texas game

GHOST

I just figured this out, I think. The tag line on this post title says "offence of" plays. It's supposed to say "offensive plays," right?

Thanks for that. I thought I was going to be the only jerk to point out that I was O'fenceded bye teh gramers.

That makes three of us, and now my head hurts.

However for the most part this year NU has kept it pretty basic and close to the vest. There have been some wrinkles here and there(the pistol, wildcat, and both Roy and Rex in the backfield at the same time) but not a whole lot shown from those packages. I think Saturday we will see more, because I think Wats will need to show more.

FB trap. LOL it is basically a trick play these days.

Wouldn't mind seeing them stick Zimmerer in there for a FB-trap. Kid gouged in high school and had a couple nice runs in the Spring-game. Could be a player for us once he gets his blocking up to or better than Legate's. Anyone remember Owen Schmidt for WV back when White and Slaton were there? He was an effective fullback working out of a spread-option scheme.

Wouldn't surprise me to see some trick-plays Saturday, especially from Texas. They've had extra prep and their O could use a spark and some cheap points. We should be careful on kicks and punts. Maybe we've been saving something, an intercepted snap on 4th and short or a halfback/wr pass. McNeil is supposed to have a heck of an arm and Rex can throw too.

Honestly, maybe it's just the hyped up feeling I get before a game, but I had the same feeling before the Washington and KSU games. I don't think we're going to have to pass as much as people think we are. We're going to run our offense, and while we may not break a bunch of 70 yard td plays, we're going to knock them off the ball, our receivers are going to make great blocks downfield, and we're going to churn out big chunks of yardage throughout the game.

If Texas comes out with the same gameplan as SDSU, fine. We didn't struggle in that game because of SDSU's brilliant gameplan, or because of their amazing athletes. We struggled because WE didn't execute. If we take care of us, we'll be fine.