Ricky Thenarse

M I K E

It is not just Rickey Thenarse, stop pointing the finger at one guy. Look back at the rest of the games and watch how many defensive players missed tackles because they throw their body at the person or shove them, instead of hitting the guy up top and wrapping him up.

I don't know who the hell is teaching these guys to tackle like sissies, but its getting really old and needs to change, even if that means someone gets fired. Blackshirts are suppose to play DIVISION I COLLEGE FOOTBALL, not FLAG FOOTBALL.

No doubt it wasnt just Ricky, he just stands out the most cause he layed an egg on some big plays.

I would have to say that yes both #3's had a bad day however this guy missed on key momentum plays to stop Texas, Gilberts big run where he had a terrible angle, the 3rd down play where he tried to bring him down with "a big hit" but Gilbert just turned into the first down, and who was the Linebacker that totally bit on the reverse and left his house so Gilbert could take his TV, chair, and snacks while scoring a TD?

I believe the LB was #4 Lavonte David that blew his assignment and bit on the fake.

I'm pretty sure Thenarse lost his job today. Once Bo watches this film I'd be really surprised if he starts next week.

Bo gets paid the big bucks to make the hard decisions. He needs to be firm and come and say we will sit the players that don't show the proper effort. Throwing a shoulder is not tackling. Being out of position and not showing any hustle is NU football. The team laid an egg in one of the biggest games of this decade. We are 10 years deep in this decade.

I was surprise that Thenarse wasn't pulled during the game. It was that obvious he was hurting the D badly.

I am surprised Paul wasn't pulled on offense too.

Interesting when Bo says a few weeks ago after he pulled Martinez against SDSU something to the effect of 'if one guy isn't getting the job done, you go to the next guy'

I didn't see Curenski in for Paul after 4 dropped balls. I didn't see PJ Smith in for Thenarse (although Smith did see some PT)

Pj smith started the game I believe.

Rickey isn't a bad tackler, he just too often looks for a kill shot because he hits so hard.

Marvin needs to show Rickey some tape of O'Hanlon from last year on what to do in the open field. Damm, I miss that kid.

The one play that was really inexcusable was the big early run by Gilbert. It was the over-pursuit by Rickey that allowed that play to spring.

I'm pretty sure Thenarse lost his job today. Once Bo watches this film I'd be really surprised if he starts next week.

Bo gets paid the big bucks to make the hard decisions. He needs to be firm and come and say we will sit the players that don't show the proper effort. Throwing a shoulder is not tackling. Being out of position and not showing any hustle is NU football. The team laid an egg in one of the biggest games of this decade. We are 10 years deep in this decade.

I was surprise that Thenarse wasn't pulled during the game. It was that obvious he was hurting the D badly.

I am surprised Paul wasn't pulled on offense too.

Paul wasn't pulled because they have no one behind him! that's the problem that's going to kill this team in years to come. We haven't recruited any good receivers, you think this game was bad? This is just a preview of what is to come....

Rickey isn't a bad tackler, he just too often looks for a kill shot because he hits so hard.

Marvin needs to show Rickey some tape of O'Hanlon from last year on what to do in the open field. Damm, I miss that kid.

The one play that was really inexcusable was the big early run by Gilbert. It was the over-pursuit by Rickey that allowed that play to spring.

I would also add the lack of effort at the end of the game was very disturbing as well.