The bad attitudes on this board

HeyBurke

I think the negativity is frustration. Nebraska looked terrible out there. They looked like they weren't even ready to play. We have the same problems we have had for far too long as well. When are all the penalties going to stop? (Granted the officials were some of the worst I have ever seen, but great teams overcome this). Why can't Watson have any type of offense against good defenses? (Not totally his fault on the dropped balls though). It was a pretty poor showing against a good, not great Texas team. Texas looked like they wanted it more and that shouldn't have been the case...this was Nebraska's one chance to get some bragging rights and they fell flat. I can take a loss if we show passion and intensity, but losing when we showed no heart is something I am getting tired of seeing.

Just saying there are some good reasons why people are really negative after that game. Granted we should try to not throw players under the bus. Coaches I am OK with, because they make the big bucks so it goes with the job.

Of course it's frustration. Why can't our receivers catch a damn ball? Why do we have to fumble 5 times every game(this hasn't killed us yet, but we're playing with fire). This was THE game, this was THE season, this WAS IT, and they sh!t the bed!!!!! This was a complete and total meltdown.

• Fire 1

What did that guy post that was so out of line?

Everything, apparently.

It's my job to keep order on the board. That's all I'm doing. It was a friendly reminder. I do not recommend anyone (Husker_x) making a big deal out of this. Just calm down.

I'm curious as to whether or not the posters who posted attacks on the players and coaches got similar warnings.

Everything, apparently.

It's my job to keep order on the board. That's all I'm doing. It was a friendly reminder. I do not recommend anyone (Husker_x) making a big deal out of this. Just calm down.

I'm curious as to whether or not the posters who posted attacks on the players and coaches got similar warnings.

You would have to ask the Moderators who were on the board at that time. I wasn't here, so I don't know. I'm here now, and this is how I'm handling it. If you have a concern about the way I'm doing my job, you're welcome to take it up with an Admin.

I have never seen the amount of negativity after a loss in the two years I have been reading posts on this board. I realize that some of the things Nebraska messes up on is getting a tad ridiculous, but that doesn't mean that you guys can sit here in take shots at the personell on the team. You're a Husker fan, now act like it. I am 18 years old and right now I am light years ahead of most you adults in the maturity level.

This is a joke right? Did you read last season after the texas tech or isu losses? This stuff hasn't been near as bad. People are frustrated just let it be. Take a couple days off from the board or be prepared for people to have a difference of opinion about the "need" for optimism here.

Everything, apparently.

By attacks you mean....? The worst thing I saw was a post title niles and butthead (burkhead). Maybe I missed all the death threats? :dunno

Of course it's frustration. Why can't our receivers catch a damn ball? Why do we have to fumble 5 times every game(this hasn't killed us yet, but we're playing with fire). This was THE game, this was THE season, this WAS IT, and they sh!t the bed!!!!! This was a complete and total meltdown.

Yeah, we have at least one meltdown every year...usually on offense. The defense didn't look great either, but they still held Texas to 20 when they had great field position all game long. I made a comment during the game that I really missed Nate Swift. He could catch anything man.

I have never seen the amount of negativity after a loss in the two years I have been reading posts on this board. I realize that some of the things Nebraska messes up on is getting a tad ridiculous, but that doesn't mean that you guys can sit here in take shots at the personell on the team. You're a Husker fan, now act like it. I am 18 years old and right now I am light years ahead of most you adults in the maturity level.

This is a joke right? Did you read last season after the texas tech or isu losses? This stuff hasn't been near as bad. People are frustrated just let it be. Take a couple days off from the board or be prepared for people to have a difference of opinion about the "need" for optimism here.

Being frustrated is no reason to attack a bunch of college kids.

Being frustrated is no reason to attack a bunch of college kids.

You're being entirely unrealistic if you think that these kids shouldn't take any heat. Bo is giving them plenty of heat right now, I can promise you. He preaches accountability in his program. I see nothing wrong with calling out players who do not do their job.

Look bandy, they are getting a free ride through college, a great shot at million $$$ NFL contracts & have godlike status in Lincoln. They get all the fame and praise when they win, but guess what-when they choke and BLOW a game that was VERY VERY winnable, they are going to take some heat. It's not like they are 8 freaking years old. Christ

Everything, apparently.

By attacks you mean....? The worst thing I saw was a post title niles and butthead (burkhead). Maybe I missed all the death threats? :dunno

I obviously don't mean literal attacks. Name calling, though, is an attack. Plus, I am referring to Husker "fans" in general. On Facebook, for example, I have seen at least 20 posts with personal attacks against the players in them.

Look bandy, they are getting a free ride through college, a great shot at million $$$ NFL contracts & have godlike status in Lincoln. They get all the fame and praise when they win, but guess what-when they choke and BLOW a game that was VERY VERY winnable, they are going to take some heat. It's not like they are 8 freaking years old. Christ

Name calling. Just more of that maturity shining through, huh? Yeah, I believe that the players should be held accountable. There's nothing wrong with going up to Niles Paul and saying, "Hey, you made a bunch of mistakes and you need to improve in order to keep your starting spot on this team". There is something wrong with going up to Niles Paul and saying, "Hey, you made a bunch of mistakes and you suck. Quit football". Which, unfortunately, many people feel right now.

the _____ texas slogans, eh, i dont have any interest in em and i do think they were dumb, but others dont. The leaving with 7 minutes left? That PISSES ME OF. Why. why leave. give it a chance. I'm not specail cuz of it, but we never leave early, we usually stay to the last second every gaem, but before that last field goal/punt/nu td, i told my wife if they make this, we're headed out. boom dun. look what happened.