The bad attitudes on this board

HeyBurke

Look bandy, they are getting a free ride through college, a great shot at million $$$ NFL contracts & have godlike status in Lincoln. They get all the fame and praise when they win, but guess what-when they choke and BLOW a game that was VERY VERY winnable, they are going to take some heat. It's not like they are 8 freaking years old. Christ

Name calling. Just more of that maturity shining through, huh? Yeah, I believe that the players should be held accountable. There's nothing wrong with going up to Niles Paul and saying, "Hey, you made a bunch of mistakes and you need to improve in order to keep your starting spot on this team". There is something wrong with going up to Niles Paul and saying, "Hey, you made a bunch of mistakes and you suck. Quit football". Which, unfortunately, many people feel right now.

So instead of telling the players "you suck," your method of choice is to tell the fans, "you're immature."

Not a lot of difference there, huh?

I agree w the poster who said this was IT....we have been counting down the days for like, ever...every fan knew this was huge. Our o line got owned in the running game. Our recievers dropped balls. Oh, hell...we all know what happened. I want to come on here and 'vent' for a few days. It's not bad to do such a thing. Before the Internet, a lot of dogs used to get kicked probably.

As far as all the 'anti-texass' gear, I also think it's lame. A hat w horns down on the front? A shirt that says texass sucks? Stupid, dumb. They obviously don't suck too bad, we can't beat them.

Anyway, I come on here for therapy, for years and years and years I used to stew in my own self pity after loses, now I can come here and see and hear what others are thnking

to help me through it.

And I can come on here and celebrate wins. To each his own as long as he is repectful and not just plain nasty

• Fire 1

Look bandy, they are getting a free ride through college, a great shot at million $$$ NFL contracts & have godlike status in Lincoln. They get all the fame and praise when they win, but guess what-when they choke and BLOW a game that was VERY VERY winnable, they are going to take some heat. It's not like they are 8 freaking years old. Christ

Name calling. Just more of that maturity shining through, huh? Yeah, I believe that the players should be held accountable. There's nothing wrong with going up to Niles Paul and saying, "Hey, you made a bunch of mistakes and you need to improve in order to keep your starting spot on this team". There is something wrong with going up to Niles Paul and saying, "Hey, you made a bunch of mistakes and you suck. Quit football". Which, unfortunately, many people feel right now.

So instead of telling the players "you suck," your method of choice is to tell the fans, "you're immature."

Actually, there is a big difference. The players live their lives balancing school, football, and social lives... and the expectations of an entire state. Once a week they go out and play a football game (key word, there). All you armchair quarterbacks have work and social lives to balance in your life. No crippling expectations from overbearing fans. The players go out there and, even though it doesn't seem like it to you guys, play their hearts out. Yeah, they make mistakes. Who doesn't? No one is perfect. When you're at work and your boss berates you for making a mistake on a project, do you like it? Most likely not. Should you be held accountable for your mistakes? Yes. Now pretend your boss comes in and starts calling you names and tells you to quit. Is that fair? No.

Do you get the analogy?

The way most of the posters on this board are acting is absolutely pathetic. You're acting like it's the end of the freaking world that Nebraska lost yesterday. Yeah, I realize that many of us (myself included) were heavily emotionally invested in this game but that doesn't justify the things you people are doing. You are taking personal shots at not only the coaches, but the players as well. Yeah, Niles and Ricky had terrible games, yeah the coaches called the worst game in the Pelini-era. SO WHAT. You guys have it easy. How do you think the players feel? Terrible, I bet. The fact is that crazier things have happened in college football (a la LSU in '07) and Nebraska is still in the hunt.

Now, please, get over yourselves and move onto Okie State.

This happens everytime the Huskers lose. Vent all you want, be angry, be annoyed, just not at each other. Please report anything to a moderator so we can help.

Actually, there is a big difference. The players live their lives balancing school, football, and social lives... and the expectations of an entire state. Once a week they go out and play a football game (key word, there). All you armchair quarterbacks have work and social lives to balance in your life. No crippling expectations from overbearing fans. The players go out there and, even though it doesn't seem like it to you guys, play their hearts out. Yeah, they make mistakes. Who doesn't? No one is perfect. When you're at work and your boss berates you for making a mistake on a project, do you like it? Most likely not. Should you be held accountable for your mistakes? Yes. Now pretend your boss comes in and starts calling you names and tells you to quit. Is that fair? No.

Do you get the analogy?

:facepalm:

if you expect people not too fully pissed after a game, that we "coulda, woulda, shoulda" won, then I hear they need a mayor over at fantasyland....

This was a chance to get closer to the NC. Unless several things go our way, we've still got a shot at a BCS bid.

With all of that being said, more than anything, I want to run the table, and get OU in the Big XII title game. One last shot

Do you get the analogy?

After Okie St, Drumline will have orange slices for everyone.....

I don't think anyone is understanding the whole point of this thread. I never said there's anything wrong with being angry after a game. The point I have been trying to make is that no matter how angry you are, you shouldn't take it out on other people. Is there something hard to understand about that?

Do you get the analogy?

All I get is a facepalm? No clever quip about how I'm wrong? I'd really like to hear it some more. The fact is that none of you guys has come up with a good reason as to why I am wrong in my thinking.

Do you get the analogy?

All I get is a facepalm? No clever quip about how I'm wrong? I'd really like to hear it some more. The fact is that none of you guys has come up with a good reason as to why I am wrong in my thinking.

no one's saying your wrong, this was just pulled from the file, "was this trip really necessary"

Do you get the analogy?

After Okie St, Drumline will have orange slices for everyone.....

See, you guys know you are wrong now and are doing what people do when they know they are wrong: act like a coward and resort to insults.