This needs to stop

being the whipping boy of a certain team. Although we will not have another shot at Texas we will be 1-10 against them for a while. When we move to the Big Ten i hope we don't trade Texas for another team that would suck. Bo needs to fix this fast.

Well technically we're 4-10 historically speaking. But 1-9 in the Big 12. Before the Big 12 was formed, Nebraska was leading the series against Texas 3-1.

Why is that when Nebraska gets into these BIG GAME situations they always seem to shoot themselves in foot...A game that we truly wanted...a team that we wanted to beat so so bad... A game that was right there for the taking....but yet we were the ones that took it right in the arse!!! That needs to stop!!!!

If things do not change on the losses to top 20 teams we may have 4 or 5 teams smacking us around in the Big Ten.

Agree. Right now, mostly after last year and based on our early rankings, we have this perception of ourselves as an elite team - when we haven't quite earned that yet. We still have to watch this team take that next step. Let's hope it happens this year.

Why is that when Nebraska gets into these BIG GAME situations they always seem to shoot themselves in foot...A game that we truly wanted...a team that we wanted to beat so so bad... A game that was right there for the taking....but yet we were the ones that took it right in the arse!!! That needs to stop!!!!

For the sake of perspective, during the classic Osborne vs. Switzer battles, OU came from behind in the 4th quarter eight times (out of 17 meetings) to beat NU during the 70's & 80's.

Texas on the other hand came from behind six times in the 4th quarter (out of 10 meetings in the Big 12) to beat NU during the 90's & 00's.

Sadly the Sooner Magic from those 70's & 80's games reincarnated itself in the form of what I call the "Texas Hex" in the 90's & 00's.

bo talks about treating it just as another game. i think that overplaying the "it is just another game" angle gets in the players heads worse than treating it like the big game that it is. they need to be playing inspired, possessed for these big games, because they are different.

I don't know anything about the psychology of these rivalries or big games. That's something to ask Dr. Tom.

However, it's not the first time we've been owned. Oklahoma beat us like 13/16 or something like that once.

Anyways, here's to having a shot at Texas in the BCS title game sometime while Mack Brown is still coaching, and having a team that can finally stick it to 'em.

I don't know anything about the psychology of these rivalries or big games. That's something to ask Dr. Tom.

However, it's not the first time we've been owned. Oklahoma beat us like 13/16 or something like that once.

Anyways, here's to having a shot at Texas in the BCS title game sometime while Mack Brown is still coaching, and having a team that can finally stick it to 'em.

Osborne was 5-12 against Switzer.

Agreed!

bo talks about treating it just as another game. i think that overplaying the "it is just another game" angle gets in the players heads worse than treating it like the big game that it is. they need to be playing inspired, possessed for these big games, because they are different.

I agree 100%! If this is just another game, then why would it garner so much attention from everyone? We aren't a team that can like that, unless we are acting as if every game is a potential make or break game, which we obviously aren't. I can't understand how these players aren't getting pumped for home games?