Very Suprising

Benard

Why? I dont think that he will ever start barring injury. I would say that establihing rythym with Taylor and the first string was far more important.

I'd definitely agree with that. Maybe next week against Pitt the offense will find a rhythm in the first half and Ganz can get in there in the 4th quarter.

Why? I dont think that he will ever start barring injury. I would say that establihing rythym with Taylor and the first string was far more important.

Theres a good chance taylor will either get benched or hurt this year. Taylor looks very bad throwing 40 some percent both games and not getting the offense to score tds and throwing a couple of picks a game. With the oline he's getting murdered.

Taylor looks very bad throwing 40 some percent both games and not getting the offense to score tds and throwing a couple of picks a game.

It's more like the receivers are catching 40 percent, bud. Stat's don't lie no matter how much you want them to.

I agree DaveH. Take back even 1/2 of the dropped passes, and the few times he was being hit and threw it up instead of taking the sack, and Taylor's stats look much better and we put up a few more points. Taylor will not be benched this season, unless Beck gets in and shows something amazing. He may end up getting injured, I can't predict that as I have no idea what's going to happen with our OL.

The problem with getting Beck playing time so far is, the first game we were in bad shape until the 4th quarter, and this week, Taylor finally got some rythm on offense and BC wanted to keep that going. You don't want to take your young QB out of the game right when he starts looking decent.

Theres a good chance taylor will either get benched or hurt this year. Taylor looks very bad throwing 40 some percent both games and not getting the offense to score tds and throwing a couple of picks a game. With the oline he's getting murdered.

Benard as far as throwing 40 percent take all the dropped passes and Taylor has a decent completion % by no means is he where he needs to be though. Taylor getting benched, Highly doubt it, as far as getting hurt that could happen but getting hurt is more likely to happen than getting benched.

Theres a good chance taylor will either get benched or hurt this  year. 

other things that may happen to taylor this year...

• gets run over by a combine while on the practice field.

• loses both his arms while reading a book... incident will become known as "the 2nd worst papercut in UNL's history."

• finds out his father is being held hostage by the North Koreans; he quits the team when lou gossett jr. approaches him with a implausible yet entertaing plan to steal f-16s from the Iowa Air National Guard and rescue Pappy Taylor from the godless pinko NorKoms... both dying horribly when their jets crash into the ground as NEITHER of them know how to fly.

• quits the team when he decides to follow his true passion: modern interpretive dance!

• gets a call from a sobbing Bob Stoops. "we need you, zac!" weeps bob. "now more than EVAH..!" and Taylor is killed while enroute to the bus station by rouge combine, which is inexplicably being driven by a north korean at the time.

• mauled to death when he visits the Henry Doorly Zoo's newest and most ill-conceived petting zoo exhibit, the rabid wolverines.

• canada invades america; zac, inspired by charlie sheen and patrick swayze from the movie "red dawn," forms a resistance cell to defend the rules of american football and is shot to death from behind by evil collaborator Former Fan, whom welcomes our new nothern overlords "with open arms and a glad heart!"

• slips and falls in the team locker room, recieving vicious blow to the head. when he wakes up, he believes that he is Carmen Miranda and is kicked from the team when he refuses to wear a helmet during practice, prefering a more stylish hat decorated with fruit.

• a huge alien spaceship decends upon Memorial Stadium during the Pitt-Nebraska game, hits the stadium with a giant particle-beam, killing tens of thousands of spectators and wipes out both teams, leaving a huge smoking crater. the message left by the aliens at they return to the heavens is cryptic: "WCO?!? WTF?!! LOL!!!"

• eats bad shellfish and lapses into a coma. wakes-up with the 'dead zone' of his brain active. zac dies selflessly as he pushes John Blake out of the way of an on-coming runaway combine that he saw in a vision.

• taylor reads a post by bernard. says, "screw this" and goes home.