Chances of Making National Championship

Oregon loses we jump them no problem. They will fall to 8th at a minimum.

Boise really is a non factor it appears to me. They play no one and have already fallen behind TCU.

Bama winning out will jump Boise no problem, Utah or TCU will be gone after this week.

Utah or TCU most likely will end undefeated.

Oregon has to play Arizona, I think the best defense in the Pac 10. Who knows what will happen there.

Oregon State/Oregon is the real chance for the upset I think.

We need way more help than most seem to think. I do not see it happening.

But we need to win out, that is far more important than anything else to getting to MNC game.

Every number one team losing so far this year has dropped to atleast 8th. Oregon State is not on a level of Wisconsin, Missouri, possilby South Carolina, and Bama fell to 11th I think, could be wrong on that.

A win toinght by VaTech may help them some, but dropping behind TCU indicates their schedule is not what it needs to be. VaTech winning will not carry the weight of TCU beating a top 5 Utah or vice versa is my guess.

The whole top has to fall out of this for us to get there. It has happened, but a betting man would not put much stock into our chances is my guess. I know I do not feel all those teams that need to lose will. One of the top 5 is leaving for sure, but that still leave 3 above us. That leaves 6 and something has to happen to 5 of them.

Bama gets by LSU this weekend, that pretty much shuts the door I think. I know SC beat Bama and played a heck of a game at Auburn, but I do not think they can beat either on a neutral field. If we can not make it I hope both Boise and TCU end up undefeated and are 1&2. That will change this BCS crap quickly.

I find two things odd about this topic.

1. Everyone saying that Oregon "will not" lose. This is college football. I don't think I need to say more than that. But I will anyway. Oregon still has their 2 best opponents left.

2. Oregon need to lose 2 games for us to jump them. That makes no sense. We'll have won against higher ranked teams than they have. We lost against a worse team but beat better teams. Also, late losses are much more harmful to a team's rating.

I agree that's pure 100% hogwash. Oregon loses one game we jump them FOR SURE if we run the table. I have no idea whatsoever where that idea came from. The BigXII ccg with us already beating two ranked teams before that takes care of Oregon. Also we lost our game early. Oregon St or Arizona could beat them.

I think we're in the hunt!

we need to concentrate on ISU and forget the national championship talk. Mizzou was talking national championship last week. Nough said!

No we don't. The team does. Is a discussion forum talking about this really going to hurt the team's chance at ISU tomorrow? We are fans, we are NOT on the team. (As much as I wish I could be)

If Utah beats TCU (40%) and someone beats Oregon (20%), we'll be looking at a really nerve-racking final Saturday.

Standings will look something like:

1. Iron Bowl champion

2-3. Boise and Utah

4-?. Oklahoma, Nebraska, Wisconsin, potentially Ohio State and potentially Auburn

Meaning the Nebraska-Oklahoma winner could jump Boise and Utah, but nobody knows for sure. It would be crazy... throw in an SEC CCG upset and all hell breaks loose.

Do you not believe team members mess around on these boards? They do not live in a bubble. I guess I'm of the opinion that we take one game at a time and let the chips fall where they may. If we don't win out, we lose the Big 12 north, the Big 12 championship, and basically the whole year is a downer. I was also sitting here listening to EVERYONE saying we were going to beat Texas! Texas is awful. Statistically, they are no match for the Huskers. HA! Every team we play this year is going to give us their best shot. Every game will be tough. EVEN KANSAS. EVEN COLORADO. I think the NC talk is way premature. Wait till after we win the next four games. THEN we can start talking scenarios.

Allegedly he liked Miss St. the best, but they wouldn't pay. Auburn on the other hand might have given 200k to him and his church.

Oooh my...that is redonkulous...so the University is currently under investigation!? Wow...can't believe this. This amount of money doesn't go under the radar. $100 dollars goes under the radar...not $200K....wow.