Video of Osborne's Hit / Blown Call

epocSoN

Ed Cunningham could quite possibly be the biggest idiot that has ever called a game. Neither hit was illegal; there are dozens and dozens of times that helmets smack together during games. There was a play in the KSU and OSU game that should be reviewed under the current precident.

Can we get a petition to have Ed Cunningham no longer call the Nebraska Cornhusker games? I would love to start one and get it signed.

Was JUST going to post this. It's getting out of hand. How cool would it be for NU to gather signatures of Husker fans who will boycott an ABC/ESPN broadcast if Cunningham is assigned to the game. He might as well openly root for our opponent; it would actually be easier to take.

Ed Cunningham could quite possibly be the biggest idiot that has ever called a game. Neither hit was illegal; there are dozens and dozens of times that helmets smack together during games. There was a play in the KSU and OSU game that should be reviewed under the current precident.

Yeah things are getting rediculous we might as well make it illegal to tackle the quarterback. <_<

I just realized this as I was talking to my brother in law about the play.

They went to media time out after the sack. Which gave Gabbert time to collect himself, but there was NO REASON for ABC to take a timeout and stop the game. To my recollection the only reason they are allowed to go to media time out is during a long player injury, change of possession or score. None of these happened, and they didn't review the call on the field.

Somebody explain this to me, this game was handled so poorly, this crew should be fired.

Is it possible they thought Gabbert might stay down, so they cut to commercial so that Cunningham couldn't drone on and on about the hit like last week? Again, something tells me that ABC/ESPN isn't pleased with Cunninghman.

They went to media time out after the sack. Which gave Gabbert time to collect himself, but there was NO REASON for ABC to take a timeout and stop the game. To my recollection the only reason they are allowed to go to media time out is during a long player injury, change of possession or score. None of these happened, and they didn't review the call on the field.

Somebody explain this to me, this game was handled so poorly, this crew should be fired.

Is it possible they thought Gabbert might stay down, so they cut to commercial so that Cunningham couldn't drone on and on about the hit like last week? Again, something tells me that ABC/ESPN isn't pleased with Cunninghman.

I kinda wondered that myself. If I remember correctly, when they came back from the commercial, the hit was not mentioned again.

I was watching the espn feed and not the abc feed. they went to a commercial and there was no indication of a offical review. one replay on here shows the ref talking but when the west coast espn feed came on they said, "well, I guess its 3rd and 22".

No explanation of what the hell happened at all. They allowed Gabbert to collect himself with no timeout or official stopping play. It looked like it was a TV timeout. WTH is that!

I was very confused about this as well. Very questionable call indeed

I was watching the espn feed and not the abc feed. they went to a commercial and there was no indication of a offical review. one replay on here shows the ref talking but when the west coast espn feed came on they said, "well, I guess its 3rd and 22".

No explanation of what the hell happened at all. They allowed Gabbert to collect himself with no timeout or official stopping play. It looked like it was a TV timeout. WTH is that!

This has already been addressed in other threads. The play WAS reviewed by the officials, and that's why ABC went to a commercial break. That's what makes the play so shocking. They did review it, and said it wasn't a fumble because of "forward progress."

link

This has already been addressed in other threads. The play WAS reviewed by the officials, and that's why ABC went to a commercial break. That's what makes the play so shocking. They did review it, and said it wasn't a fumble because of "forward progress."

link

was at the game and it was my understanding as well as everybody around me that the play went under review. Before they came back from commerical they said play stands as called. At the time I sat down in my seat for the first time during the game and said....... Conspiracy Theory, we cant join the BigTen soon enough.

Can we get a petition to have Ed Cunningham no longer call the Nebraska Cornhusker games? I would love to start one and get it signed.

Was JUST going to post this. It's getting out of hand. How cool would it be for NU to gather signatures of Husker fans who will boycott an ABC/ESPN broadcast if Cunningham is assigned to the game. He might as well openly root for our opponent; it would actually be easier to take.

go to abc website and start emailing them. i did it back in the late 90's over something and they kept passing the buck up the chain of command until i got ine back wanting to know how i got his email address. if nothing else it just annoys them.

To my recollection the refs never came out after the hit and said "After further review..."

Maybe I am wrong, but who knows. On TV they just came back to the next play, never addressed that they reviewed it or anything. Also, when have they ever gone to commercial during a play being reviewed?

go to abc website and start emailing them. i did it back in the late 90's over something and they kept passing the buck up the chain of command until i got ine back wanting to know how i got his email address. if nothing else it just annoys them.

I emailed espn over it, including links to a video of hit and wording of the rules (with link). This is the coment I got back

Thank you for your e-mail.

We appreciate you taking the time to write and share your thoughts with us. We have shared your comments with the appropriate personnel for their review and consideration.

Sincerely,

Hector

ESPN Viewer Response

seems like a pretty canned response.

Thank you for your e-mail.We appreciate you taking the time to write and share your thoughts with us. We have shared your comments with the appropriate personnel for their review and consideration.Sincerely,HectorESPN Viewer Response

I emailed them last week about concerns regarding cunningham and received that same canned response. the next day i got a reply that said...

Thanks for writing.

Being a national network, we do our best to select announcers who are fair and neutral to the games that they cover, yet offer insightful and entertaining analysis.

We'll be sure to address your thoughts and concerns with our producers.

Sincerely,

Casey

ESPN Viewer Response