Kyle field

krc1995

I need some advice. We would like to plan a trip to A&M. For those that have been there, do you have some suggestions on where to stay and maybe tavens that we should visit pregame. Also, is their fan base hospitiable? We are leaning towards a hotel room, but would consider an rv spot

True, great fans very small town. Bryan is not a "nice" as College Station so you will want to stay in college station. Expensive to park and plan to walk a lot. Huge campus. Hotels are sporadic and there is nothing larger than a holiday inn express type motel. Bars are in one section next to campus, impossible to park in that area (at night) and it might be to far to walk from/to Klye field. (depending on your age)

I am going, waiting on game time announcement before thinking about lodging since I only live like an hour and a half away.

Rudy's BBQ is a must hit when in college station.

I've been there a few times for a Playing Ability Test for the PGA, Pebble Creek was the course, pretty nice. I stayed in a hotel, pretty nondescript. The only thing that struck me was the keycard to get into the room. No arrow on the card, it just said "This side up". OK, not a problem, except it was College Station. I put the card into the lock with the "This side up" ..well..up. It didn't work. I go to the office and the lady says I was supposed to hold the card in my hand with "This side up" up and insert card into the lock "This side up" down. I laughed and chalked it up to Aggieland ways.

Rudy's BBQ is good, despite what their sign says..."Worst BBQ in Texas."

I'm planning on heading down there for this one, we'll see. I have no worries about treatment, it will be fine. They respect NU in an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" sort of way. They have several traditions that I find odd, but it's Aggieland, so..it's supposed to look odd to outsiders.

One word of caution would be to not mock Reveille the dog. :moreinteresting

I went the year Purify caught the pass to end the game... This year we are going to stay in Austin and drive to the game.. Ill be there rocking the NEB jersey!!!!

Was there too, about 2 spitting distances away from that play. Crazy goosebumps....

No tickets yet, work in progress

To the OP, the crowd is about average. You get your 10% knuckleheads, but pretty cool venue to catch the game

GBR

One word of caution would be to not mock Reveille the dog.

I went to a Husker game a while back with some die hard A&M fans and that dog is ridiculous. The people I went with showed me where they BURY the dog once it dies. It is just outside the stadium, down one of the tunnels. Here's the kicker though....They bury the dog facing the field so it can still watch the games. LOL. I also heard that the cadets that watch after the dog rotate throughout the semester. When you are in charge of watching after the dog you have to take it to class with you and you stand while the dog sits in your chair. :LOLtartar A&M fans are great but they do some strange stuff down there in Aggieland. Their chants during the game are really strange and stupid IMO.

One word of advice though....Dont leave at halftime. Stick around and watch the band play. You will be impressed. One of the best in the country.