2nd Quarter

I only saw bits and pieces of the game as I was at work and was running to the electronics department from time to time. It did appear that MU made some adjustments. We were not going to score 24 in the second. But on the drive that TMart got hurt I do believe that we would have scored. After halftime we just kind of coasted if you ask me.

I haven't seen this discussed yet....

Obviously the first quarter was phenomenal! No real complaints from me. 2nd Quarter though...what the hell happened? Did NU go flat or did MU adjust?

Bo said in his post game comments that he felt that we lost the field position battle in the 2nd Q which caused us to slow down.

I haven't seen this discussed yet....

Obviously the first quarter was phenomenal! No real complaints from me. 2nd Quarter though...what the hell happened? Did NU go flat or did MU adjust?

Bo said in his post game comments that he felt that we lost the field position battle in the 2nd Q which caused us to slow down.

:yeah

We were backed up the whole quarter and when you are up 24-0, you probably aren't going to take a bunch of shots downfield. Just needed to flip the field position, but couldn't do it.

I only saw bits and pieces of the game as I was at work and was running to the electronics department from time to time. It did appear that MU made some adjustments. We were not going to score 24 in the second. But on the drive that TMart got hurt I do believe that we would have scored. After halftime we just kind of coasted if you ask me.

Bingo! Unfortunately that was about the only drive that looked decent, and even then it was only 5 plays, 22 yards. Here's how the rest of the drives looked...

1st drive in 2nd qtr was 3 plays for -9 yards and punt. But drive started at NU 44, so field position wasn't the issue there.

2nd drive was at our own 26 and went 9 yards on 3 plays, then punt.

3rd drive started at Husker 35 and went 22 yards on 5 plays, then punt (this was when Martinez got injured).

4th drive started at our 10, 3 plays 17 yards ended by halftime.