Big 12 Predictions

ADS

No. 17 Oklahoma State 51, No. 21 Baylor 44: In no way is this a joke. Come back later this afternoon for a video of me explaining my pick.

Colorado 27, Kansas 20: This one is by far my least confident pick. That comes with picking Colorado to win on the road, where its suffered 26-, 33- and 42-point losses this year. But here goes. Rodney Stewart has a big day, and Cody Hawkins hits Scotty McKnight enough times to halt the Buffaloes 15-game road losing streak.

No. 7 Nebraska 38, Iowa State 20: Iowa State's pulled off a pair of wins nobody thought it would at the season's start, knocking off Texas and Texas Tech. But then again, neither team has been anywhere near as good as most thought in the preseason. Nebraska is considerably better, thanks to Taylor Martinez. No passing necessary in this one. The Huskers' don't reach the double digits in pass attempts and roll over the Cyclones.

No. 8 Oklahoma 30, Texas A&M 28: Consider me a believer in Oklahoma's struggles on the road. It's probably unfair to say it necessarily struggled on the road last year, it just played much better competition. This year, though, the Sooners were a muffed punt return away from having a real chance to lose to a bad Cincinnati team and one bounce of the ball away from possibly going into overtime against Texas. Both sides of the ball fell apart in the fourth quarter against Missouri. The Sooners lead 27-14 midway through the third quarter of this one, but hang on late. The Aggies will miss Christine Michael dearly. Cyrus Gray is very good. Michael is better.

Texas 21, Kansas State 20: For all the curves Oklahoma State and Baylor should bring, this game's bringing the hairy moles. Kansas State and Texas might play the ugliest game of the year in the Big 12. Somebody's got to win, and Garrett Gilbert engineers a late drive, continuing his maturation process, and bringing along freshman receiver Mike Davis.

No. 12 Missouri 34, Texas Tech 24: Missouri won't blow out the Red Raiders; it is Lubbock, after all. But it will win comfortably if corners Carl Gettis and Kevin Rutland continue their solid play. The offense will move the ball consistently for 60 minutes, but chalk the Tigers up for an inexplicable turnover in one of the toughest places to play in the Big 12.

No. 17 Oklahoma State 51, No. 21 Baylor 44: In no way is this a joke. Come back later this afternoon for a video of me explaining my pick.

Colorado 27, Kansas 20: This one is by far my least confident pick. That comes with picking Colorado to win on the road, where its suffered 26-, 33- and 42-point losses this year. But here goes. Rodney Stewart has a big day, and Cody Hawkins hits Scotty McKnight enough times to halt the Buffaloes 15-game road losing streak.

No. 7 Nebraska 38, Iowa State 20: Iowa State's pulled off a pair of wins nobody thought it would at the season's start, knocking off Texas and Texas Tech. But then again, neither team has been anywhere near as good as most thought in the preseason. Nebraska is considerably better, thanks to Taylor Martinez. No passing necessary in this one. The Huskers' don't reach the double digits in pass attempts and roll over the Cyclones.

No. 8 Oklahoma 30, Texas A&M 28: Consider me a believer in Oklahoma's struggles on the road. It's probably unfair to say it necessarily struggled on the road last year, it just played much better competition. This year, though, the Sooners were a muffed punt return away from having a real chance to lose to a bad Cincinnati team and one bounce of the ball away from possibly going into overtime against Texas. Both sides of the ball fell apart in the fourth quarter against Missouri. The Sooners lead 27-14 midway through the third quarter of this one, but hang on late. The Aggies will miss Christine Michael dearly. Cyrus Gray is very good. Michael is better.

Texas 21, Kansas State 20: For all the curves Oklahoma State and Baylor should bring, this game's bringing the hairy moles. Kansas State and Texas might play the ugliest game of the year in the Big 12. Somebody's got to win, and Garrett Gilbert engineers a late drive, continuing his maturation process, and bringing along freshman receiver Mike Davis.

No. 12 Missouri 34, Texas Tech 24: Missouri won't blow out the Red Raiders; it is Lubbock, after all. But it will win comfortably if corners Carl Gettis and Kevin Rutland continue their solid play. The offense will move the ball consistently for 60 minutes, but chalk the Tigers up for an inexplicable turnover in one of the toughest places to play in the Big 12.

Ummm... Ubben, what more would you like Nebraska to have done? Yeah, we had a brain-fart game against Texas, but we've rolled over everyone else this year.

This begs the question: Exactly how good did you think we'd be this preseason? The second coming of 1995 Nebraska? :facepalm:

Ummm... Ubben, what more would you like Nebraska to have done? Yeah, we had a brain-fart game against Texas, but we've rolled over everyone else this year.

This begs the question: Exactly how good did you think we'd be this preseason? The second coming of 1995 Nebraska? :facepalm:

He meant Texas and Texas Tech ;)

Pretty sure Ubben is referring to Texas and Texas Tech. He is downplaying ISU's success and saying that ISU doesn't stand a chance against a much better Nebraska team.

Pretty sure Ubben is referring to Texas and Texas Tech. He is downplaying ISU's success and saying that ISU doesn't stand a chance against a much better Nebraska team.

Ahhhh!!! For a guy who makes a living writing, that wasn't exactly a clear thought. Thanks guys. My Ubben-to-English translator must be on the fritz.

Ahhhh!!! For a guy who makes a living writing, that wasn't exactly a clear thought. Thanks guys. My Ubben-to-English translator must be on the fritz.

you are not exactly wrong about ubben, though. we are still second to him in the power rankings. i know it should be close between us and ou, but i still think we have been more impressive. like you said, other than the texas lapse, we have been unstoppable. ou has had many close calls and were manhandled by mizzou.

you are not exactly wrong about ubben, though. we are still second to him in the power rankings. i know it should be close between us and ou, but i still think we have been more impressive. like you said, other than the texas lapse, we have been unstoppable. ou has had many close calls and were manhandled by mizzou.

Ubben is alright if you ask me. He has us 2nd in his power rankings, but his reasoning for it is completely fair (our loss is worse than Oklahoma's). I think he and most of the media consider Nebraska and Oklahoma to be essentially even.

Ubben has also stood up for Nebraska and Courtney Osborne specifically when it comes to the helmet-to-helmet stuff this week. I would like to hear Ubben's take on that whole fumble thing on that play, but I honestly think the guy has been pretty fair to Nebraska. I don't agree with everything he says, but I don't think he's unfair or biased. He just has a different perspective.

Ubben is alright if you ask me. He has us 2nd in his power rankings, but his reasoning for it is completely fair (our loss is worse than Oklahoma's). I think he and most of the media consider Nebraska and Oklahoma to be essentially even.

Ubben has also stood up for Nebraska and Courtney Osborne specifically when it comes to the helmet-to-helmet stuff this week. I would like to hear Ubben's take on that whole fumble thing on that play, but I honestly think the guy has been pretty fair to Nebraska. I don't agree with everything he says, but I don't think he's unfair or biased. He just has a different perspective.

He also called Martin's hit "clearly illegal" which is giant pile of BS.

i do not have a problem with ubben. i was just thinking how much more i like him than robert griffin. i was just stating that knapplc was not entirely wrong, and ubben has not been too impressed with us, which he has justified, i just disagree.

I wouldn't consider an 18-pt win "rolling" over the Cyclones. Oh, and even though our rush attack is so potent and should rack up huge yardage and several scores against ISU's weak rush D, I think we'll be much more apt to mix up the playcalling than people realize. I think we'll have 15-20 pass attempts, but maybe that's just me.