We're #5?

Zaimejs

I hope we go back outside the top 10. Thats what iam hopping for I wanna see Bo earn his cash. If we make it to the big12 title game and WIN and not look like a average team becuzz thats how we played against ISU and thats not right at all then maybe I wont have a problem with being in the top 10 I wanna see how they respond becuzz this game against iowa state should have been a better game only thing that was missing was robinson's fumbles from last year. I hope they move us to the 12 spot becuzz thats where we should be. I'll be really upset if the voters give bo the top 7 or 8 spot.

Here's mine:

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise St.

5. Stanford

6. LSU

7. Wisconsin

8. Nebraska

9. Ohio St.

10. Oklahoma St.

i would agree if you switched NU with wisconsin.

I think their two signature wins (Iowa and Ohio St.) are slightly more impressive then ours (Missouri and Oklahoma St.), especially considering the Texas Tech game tonight. Also, their loss to MSU is a lot more acceptable than ours to Texas, especially after the Kansas St. game tonight.

Here's mine:

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise St.

5. Stanford

6. LSU

7. Wisconsin

8. Nebraska

9. Ohio St.

10. Oklahoma St.

i would agree if you switched NU with wisconsin.

I think their two signature wins (Iowa and Ohio St.) are slightly more impressive then ours (Missouri and Oklahoma St.), especially considering the Texas Tech game tonight. Also, their loss to MSU is a lot more acceptable than ours to Texas, especially after the Kansas St. game tonight.

can not disagree with you there. i am just a homer.

So do you really think NU is the best the second best (LSU as #1) loss team out there -- really OSU, Mich St, OU, AZ, Stanford Utah Wisconsin

Stanford -- one loss to Oregon ( yes soft schedule)

OSU Loss to Wisconsin

OU loss to Mizz and yes i know you beat Mizz

Mich St big loss to Iowa but Iowa lost to two ranked teams

Utah -- got the crap kicked out of them by top 3 team

Wisconsin lost to Mich St

That is a list of some really good teams with losses to top 10

That was a very good and IMO correct observation. Yes OSU and MIZZU games where big and NU came out and executed and won. No one can say this team is going to do that. Lets face it some say well NU could hang with Oregon -- yes if NU had a good game then yes -- college football is about momentum -- that is how NU lost to Texas -- but a couple of penalties to stall drives and a TO or two and either team could win big. NU can run the ball and if they catch it like they did at OSU -- hard to stop Oregon is the same way -- only seen one Oregon game and it was Stanford. I will NU props on playing a good game when they had to well OSU and MIZZU

Utah played nobody---and I mean nobody---until they played TCU and they just got curb stomped hard . . . at home. Prior to TCU, their signature win was a 27-24 OT win over a 5-3 Pittsburgh team.

Stanford hasn't played anyone of substance either, with the sole exception of Oregon . . . whom they lost to convincingly.

But even Utah and Stanford's schedules are not as bad as Ohio State's. Holy cow is that an atrocious schedule: Marshall (2-6), Miami (6-3, but in ACC), Ohio (7-3, but in MAC), Eastern Michigan (1-8), Illinois (5-4), Indiana (4-5), Wisconsin (8-1), Purdue (4-5), and Minnesota (1-9). The only team of substance there is Wisconsin . . . and they drubbed Ohio State. The rest of those teams read like a who's who of the worst teams in college football. Throw in Washington State and the list would be complete.

Oklahoma just lost to A&M, mooting that argument.

This leaves only Michigan State and Wisconsin, both of whom I think are quality programs. When Nebraska is firing on all cylinders (basically only seen it in the first half against Mizzou), I will take them over either Michigan State or Wisconsin. Otherwise, I think it's a wash.

LSU, to me, is playing good football right now and is the best one-loss team. I'd rank the teams as follows:

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise State

5. LSU

6. Nebraska

7. Wisconsin

8. Michigan State

9. Stanford

10. Utah

11. Ohio State

So as you stated NU has been hitting on all cylinders for 1/2 of one game this year and you are going to put them ahead of two teams -- hey NU is your team -- I just dont see it -- run defense is subject, and too many turnovers. Just dont see NU as the top 5 team in the country. But we will see, do think the win the north, a&m is looking better but not there. KU and CU just suck. Do want to see OSU NU rematch.

You misunderstood what I said, which is not your fault because the way I wrote it wasn't very clear. When NU executes in both phases of the game simultaneously, we look unbeatable and can hang with Oregon, Auburn, Boise, and TCU, in my opinion. This happened during the Missouri game. I guess you could make the argument it happened against K State and Washington as well, but those teams are so-so.

I think Nebraska has played a tougher schedule than either Michigan State or Wisconsin. Michigan State became hyped only because the expectations were low. But they have only one signature win to their credit in Wisconsin. Wisconsin has two quality wins: Ohio State and Iowa. Nebraska has two: The road win over Oklahoma State and the win over Missouri. Like I said, it's a wash. Obviously I can't rank them all the same, so I give Nebraska the slight edge because I think their back-to-back wins over ranked opponents after a disappointing Texas loss speak volumes. But if you insist that Michigan State and Wisconsin go ahead of Nebraska, I won't argue to stringently I guess.

Agree that the rushing D and turnovers are concerning.

So do you really think NU is the best the second best (LSU as #1) loss team out there -- really OSU, Mich St, OU, AZ, Stanford Utah Wisconsin

Stanford -- one loss to Oregon ( yes soft schedule)

OSU Loss to Wisconsin

OU loss to Mizz and yes i know you beat Mizz

Mich St big loss to Iowa but Iowa lost to two ranked teams

Utah -- got the crap kicked out of them by top 3 team

Wisconsin lost to Mich St

That is a list of some really good teams with losses to top 10

That was a very good and IMO correct observation. Yes OSU and MIZZU games where big and NU came out and executed and won. No one can say this team is going to do that. Lets face it some say well NU could hang with Oregon -- yes if NU had a good game then yes -- college football is about momentum -- that is how NU lost to Texas -- but a couple of penalties to stall drives and a TO or two and either team could win big. NU can run the ball and if they catch it like they did at OSU -- hard to stop Oregon is the same way -- only seen one Oregon game and it was Stanford. I will NU props on playing a good game when they had to well OSU and MIZZU

Utah played nobody---and I mean nobody---until they played TCU and they just got curb stomped hard . . . at home. Prior to TCU, their signature win was a 27-24 OT win over a 5-3 Pittsburgh team.

Stanford hasn't played anyone of substance either, with the sole exception of Oregon . . . whom they lost to convincingly.

But even Utah and Stanford's schedules are not as bad as Ohio State's. Holy cow is that an atrocious schedule: Marshall (2-6), Miami (6-3, but in ACC), Ohio (7-3, but in MAC), Eastern Michigan (1-8), Illinois (5-4), Indiana (4-5), Wisconsin (8-1), Purdue (4-5), and Minnesota (1-9). The only team of substance there is Wisconsin . . . and they drubbed Ohio State. The rest of those teams read like a who's who of the worst teams in college football. Throw in Washington State and the list would be complete.

Oklahoma just lost to A&M, mooting that argument.

This leaves only Michigan State and Wisconsin, both of whom I think are quality programs. When Nebraska is firing on all cylinders (basically only seen it in the first half against Mizzou), I will take them over either Michigan State or Wisconsin. Otherwise, I think it's a wash.

LSU, to me, is playing good football right now and is the best one-loss team. I'd rank the teams as follows:

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise State

5. LSU

6. Nebraska

7. Wisconsin

8. Michigan State

9. Stanford

10. Utah

11. Ohio State

So as you stated NU has been hitting on all cylinders for 1/2 of one game this year and you are going to put them ahead of two teams -- hey NU is your team -- I just dont see it -- run defense is subject, and too many turnovers. Just dont see NU as the top 5 team in the country. But we will see, do think the win the north, a&m is looking better but not there. KU and CU just suck. Do want to see OSU NU rematch.

You misunderstood what I said, which is not your fault because the way I wrote it wasn't very clear. When NU executes in both phases of the game simultaneously, we look unbeatable and can hang with Oregon, Auburn, Boise, and TCU, in my opinion. This happened during the Missouri game. I guess you could make the argument it happened against K State and Washington as well, but those teams are so-so.

I think Nebraska has played a tougher schedule than either Michigan State or Wisconsin. Michigan State became hyped only because the expectations were low. But they have only one signature win to their credit in Wisconsin. Wisconsin has two quality wins: Ohio State and Iowa. Nebraska has two: The road win over Oklahoma State and the win over Missouri. Like I said, it's a wash. Obviously I can't rank them all the same, so I give Nebraska the slight edge because I think their back-to-back wins over ranked opponents after a disappointing Texas loss speak volumes. But if you insist that Michigan State and Wisconsin go ahead of Nebraska, I won't argue to stringently I guess.

Agree that the rushing D and turnovers are concerning.

the only reason I may put the badgers ahead is how they run the ball against OSU and see how teams had been running againt NU. I would really like to see them play in a bowl game if NU wins the Big 12 and Wis doesnt win the Big Ten. Would be a much entertaining and proving game than if NU plays the champ of the Big East. IMO would be a GREAT game

looks like we dropped two spots ESPN

I didn't think we'd drop that much but it's hard to put us ahead of Ohio state, Michigan St, LSU, and Stanford. Doesn't mean much though, just keep winning.

EDIT: oops sorry, meant Wisconsin not Michigan St.

maybe we should just worry about the next game!

note the just keep winning part