We're #5?

Zaimejs

LSU might not leapfrog us. They’ve had four games that were real close——two that they clearly should have lost. Like the Tennessee game decided by the last second penalty for too many players on the field. The only explanation is that Les Miles is the luckiest idiot in the world.

LSU might not leapfrog us. They’ve had four games that were real close——two that they clearly should have lost. Like the Tennessee game decided by the last second penalty for too many players on the field. The only explanation is that Les Miles is the luckiest idiot in the world.

OK couple of comments here "clearly should have lost" like todays win in OT -- it is a win computers don't get the scores -- so that is good for NU and todays game. Look at the coaches poll at bama's ranking and LSU won. LSU leaps over NU but dont think OU will even if they win, would be worried about stanford if they spank AZ

OK couple of comments here "clearly should have lost" like todays win in OT -- it is a win computers don't get the scores -- so that is good for NU and todays game. Look at the coaches poll at bama's ranking and LSU won. LSU leaps over NU but dont think OU will even if they win, would be worried about stanford if they spank AZ

I just don’t think either the writers or the coaches are going to ding us too much for a road win playing with our #3 QB. That's why I don’t think it’s a sure thing that LSU leapfrogs us. It’s not like they beat the #1 team in the nation. Or even had a convincing win.

I guess we'll find soon enough.

quick hit about our defense's struggles:

i lost count or how many times our guys lost their footing in coverage, most likely due to the fact that we were playing on grass.

the only other time we will have to play on grass this season (minus the bowl game because that's a possibility) is at A&M.

They should have only scored about 3 points. Niles doesn't fumble on our ten and they only have 17 and never get to overtime.

another play (TD against ciante evans) the cb slipped and was sliding before their guy caught the ball.

we were missing an all-american candidate at corner, and our primary hybrid for much of the game (Gomes) and had to play our worst cover db (west) much of the game.

we get better cleats and we hold them to 10 or less. easy.

just looks like we actually pretty well on d to me.

EDIT: stated the same thing twice oops.

Edited by miamihrrcns2001

I wouldn't want to be in the BCS right now, I wouldn't want to be embarassed. Our D is set up to stop Missouri, obviously can't slow down a team that can run, and everyone in the BCS can run the ball. Without a solid T-Mart at the helm, we have no offense, and BCS teams will stop Rex in the wildcat. Just isn't our year this year.

What are u talking about????? Name one team that we wouldnt be able to compete with especially if T-Mart is at the helm..... I swear I can't stand what some people say about the team when they dont even sound like they know what they are saying

I wouldn't want to be in the BCS right now, I wouldn't want to be embarassed. Our D is set up to stop Missouri, obviously can't slow down a team that can run, and everyone in the BCS can run the ball. Without a solid T-Mart at the helm, we have no offense, and BCS teams will stop Rex in the wildcat. Just isn't our year this year.

What are u talking about????? Name one team that we wouldnt be able to compete with especially if T-Mart is at the helm..... I swear I can't stand what some people say about the team when they dont even sound like they know what they are saying

Really -- did the texas game show you anything about a fast defense or the 201 yards the OSU back had -- you won by 10 at OSU -- with a busted play on punt coverage and a kickoff return for a TD. Not saying NU could not beat anyone in the country but would not bet you money they beat Oregon, LSU, Bama, OSU, wiss or Ohio St - 3 out of 5. With any of these teams it could very well be a blow out

Oregon has a sh**ty defense man....and Ohio St's defense is amazing good either....calm down...WHEN WE SHOW UP....WE ARE GOOD! PERIOD!

Same argument they had against Penn St years back with no def. I am not saying if NU plays Oregon they would not win. But in order to do that you would have to play out of your minds. No turnovers and be able to stoop the run alot better than they have in any game. I know you are going to throw the KSU game but KSU was down quick and went away from the run. The first game I saw NU play was the Washington game -- they ran the ball, OSU ran the ball. I would have thought Texas would hae beat yall bad last year but did not in CCG. And they ended up palying in NC game, and look pretty good against bama. NU played a great game in the CCG, but I would say Texas was the better team over the year