At least we don't have the Pitt Coach

I just read an article about the Ohio win over Pitt (Congrats Frank). It was mentioned that AD Pederson wanted to bring in Wannstedt first. The article on HuskerPedia.com comes up with some good examples. Since Ohio beat Pitt, and the former Pitt AD is now our AD got rid of the former Nebraska coach who is now the coach of Ohio...what if Pitt beats Nebraska. Brings up some good questions about the program and who is calling the shots at the program.

i think everyone is overlooking the fact that ohio was highly outclassed. FS did great to win that game no matter how it happened, and if you want to get down to it look at how the huskers beat wake, not exactly an impressive overpowering performance on offense either. pitt seems to be kinda in the same boat the huskers are in a "transitional period" if you will. starting out ranked or not, changes can cause strange things to happen. think of it this way, about the same things that are being said about pitt's new coach this year is what was being said about nebraska's coach last year. if you have faith in BC then you should have faith in DW at pitt. its almost like a parallel universe a semi sucessful pro coach taking over a high profile college program, if you dont think BC was semi sucessful, ask raiders fans, most i know hate him with a passion even though he coached a superbowl for them, his second year was dismal at best. both seem to be having probelms adjusting to the college game in their first few years. the question is can either of them deliver on all these expectations? and if the huskers lose to pitt? IMO it make pederson look like a moron in the eyes of much of the nation, probably alot more hype applied to this game the closer it gets media wise that is.

I really don't think IF we lose to Pitt that it will make pederson look like a moron.. at least it shouldn't. It might to some people but, not me. I guess I'm "Mr. Brightside". I really expect us to beat Pitt, really I have no doubt we will. We should be able to beat this Pitt team even if our offense plays worse than they did against maine or wake (they will improve, mark my words). So even if our offense is more abismal than the last two games, it would take a major collapse in our defense to lose the game, I don't think that will happen.. Pitt's offense is not good enough to challenge our D. IF by some chance we do manage to lose this game, I belive it would have to be a breakdown by our players. I think our play calling has been good, you can argue it all you want, but the plays have put us in position to make plays.

So to sum it up, my argument is that if we are to lose against Pitt, it won't be the fault of the coaches, it will take a major collapse by all our players, and I don't see how you would be able to attribute that to our coaches or pederson for hiring them.

Anyway, that's just how I feel about it right now. And as my mind cannot comprehend a loss to pitt at home with these players, and especially the way the defense is playing... I probably don't have a great grasp of what would happen. The only other scenario I can think of is that Pitt somehow makes some HUGE adjustments and comes out and looks like a USC..... ehh, that's not going to happen.

Don't want to sound so optimistic but... the Pitt game will be a W on our schedule. Oh screw it, I am optimistic... as I should be.. we're the HUSKERS, new coaches, new offense and all.

If Pitt beats Nebraska, it really means diddly because of the way Ohio beat Pitt. They didn't run them into the groud like ND basically did.

Wait a minute, what happened to a win is a win. Ohio won period. It doesn't matter if it was an interception in OT or a 60 point blowout. There will be a lot of pissed off people if NU loses to a team that was beaten by a Frank Solich coached team. The papers will have some very interesting articles and opinions.

If Pitt beats Nebraska, it really means diddly because of the way Ohio beat Pitt. They didn't run them into the groud like ND basically did.

Wait a minute, what happened to a win is a win. Ohio won period. It doesn't matter if it was an interception in OT or a 60 point blowout. There will be a lot of pissed off people if NU loses to a team that was beaten by a Frank Solich coached team. The papers will have some very interesting articles and opinions.

Yea, there will be opinions. Doesn't mean they mean anything besides sour grapes. People love to bitch and that would be the perfect opportunity. Those same people won't be saying "Man, I guess that was a good decision." if NU wins. It will only be if NU loses.

Yes, a win is a win. But if you really want to get down to the nitty gritty of how a game transpired, you have to realize that Ohio won in over time against a floundering Pitt team.

If we win or lose, who cares what Ohio did. I really don't.

I just read an article about the Ohio win over Pitt (Congrats Frank).  It was mentioned that AD Pederson wanted to bring in Wannstedt first.  The article on HuskerPedia.com comes up with some good examples.  Since Ohio beat Pitt, and the former Pitt AD is now our AD got rid of the former Nebraska coach who is now the coach of Ohio...what if Pitt beats Nebraska.  Brings up some good questions about the program and who is calling the shots at the program.

okay time to settle this once and for all, i brought pictures to help the 'slower' members of this forum.

now examine this diagrams carefully...

exa.jpg

here, we have pud coming from pitt, firing frank, trying to hire wannstedt, settling for billy c. and frank going to ohio. wannstedt gets canned and goes to pitt. later, ohio beat pitt establishing that ohio is greater than pitt.

the question now is pitt greater than UNL or less than UNL?

easy answer, no? well, if you still haven't figured it out, i did an equation...

exb.jpg

here, we have a scientific forumla that i totally made-up with facts i can't support.

i was totally high when i did this. i mean, i was completely BAKED, man.

finally, i went back to the IN-TER-NET, the source of all knowledge and pr0n. i found a page dedicated to asian race queens.

exc.jpg

this exhibit displays my total lack of focus and how i am easily distracted. i blame society and videogames plus george w. bush, as he is a popular scapegoat for people who can't take responsibility for their lives.

excw.jpg

conclusion: i have no idea what i'm talking about. i'll just watch the game on saturday and cheer-on the huskers.