BCS Question

Hercules

LSU knocked Alabama out of the BCS race today. They will probably move ahead of Nebraska in the BCS now, as well as in the human polls.

So, let's say that in a couple weeks, Alabama knocks off Auburn. If that happens, and LSU wins out, then Auburn and LSU will both finish with one conference loss. Auburn will fall below LSU in the polls, because of the timing of the loss. However, Auburn beat LSU earlier this year, and holds the SEC West division tie-breaker, so they would still go to the SEC championship game over LSU.

So, I was trying to look up what I thought was a BCS rule, couldn't find it, so I thought I'd ask you guys. Is there a rule that prevents teams who don't win their conference from competing for the BCS championship game? I seem to remember them revising the BCS with this rule after Nebraska went to the championship game in 2001 without winning the conference, but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

Anyways, I have a hard time believing we would be able to leap over TCU or Boise State anyways, so I'm not too worried. I just want to win the Big 12 conference and leave the league on a good note, but the BCS does create some interesting scenarios...

LSU knocked Alabama out of the BCS race today. They will probably move ahead of Nebraska in the BCS now, as well as in the human polls.

So, let's say that in a couple weeks, Alabama knocks off Auburn. If that happens, and LSU wins out, then Auburn and LSU will both finish with one conference loss. Auburn will fall below LSU in the polls, because of the timing of the loss. However, Auburn beat LSU earlier this year, and holds the SEC West division tie-breaker, so they would still go to the SEC championship game over LSU.

So, I was trying to look up what I thought was a BCS rule, couldn't find it, so I thought I'd ask you guys. Is there a rule that prevents teams who don't win their conference from competing for the BCS championship game? I seem to remember them revising the BCS with this rule after Nebraska went to the championship game in 2001 without winning the conference, but maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

Anyways, I have a hard time believing we would be able to leap over TCU or Boise State anyways, so I'm not too worried. I just want to win the Big 12 conference and leave the league on a good note, but the BCS does create some interesting scenarios...

Nope.

It really dont matter lol . If we make it to a bcs game we are gonna get smashed lol hate it or not but its true. What team will show up? A team that fumbles alott and gets man handeled ? Are d would be on the feild all night long come on now. I still think its funny that shawn watson thinks he knoes alott about the option run game and this is the guy that was with callahan with the west coast game plan they had. K state runs the ball like we used to i'll say and they out gainned us in yardage against texas. So untill watson gets his sh#t straight we will be avarage at best :laughpound

LSU predicted to be #5 in BCS according to ESPN. Although, this does not hold much stock due to the face NU was predicted at #11 last week and ended up being #7. We will see, should be interesting. I thought and still think LSU will pass us after they beat Bama.

The top five should be:

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. TCU

4. Boise

5. LSU

6-9 are Wisconsin, Nebraska, Ohio State and Stanford, but who knows what order.

10 should be MSU.

I would like to see Oregon play Auburn thoe, the way auburn has been putting points on sec teams this year.It would prolly be a high scoring game on paper anyways. But I think if auburn has a loss then their might be people that would like to see oregon play tcu or play boise state again.I do think bama might give auburn a scare thoe. But I dont think auburn has to beat bama to get in I think all they have to do is beat georgia and win the sec title game and their in.