Lame...

SBC Big 12 Football Players Of The Week

Link

Sept. 12, 2005

DALLAS-Vince Young (Texas), LaMarcus Hicks (Iowa State) and Troy Blankenship (Iowa State) have been named SBC Big 12 Conference Players of the Week as selected by a media panel. Young is Offensive Player of the Week for the second time in his career. Hicks is named Defensive Player for the first time, while Blankenship earns his first award for Special Teams' play.

Offensive Player of the Week

Vince Young, Jr, QB, Texas (Houston, Texas)

Young was 18-for-29 passing for 270 yards and two touchdowns and added 76 rushing yards in the Longhorns' 25-22 win at Ohio State. Racking up 346 yards of total offense, he led the Horns to four scoring drives of 67 or more yards, including a game-winning 7-play, 67-yard drive capped off by a 24-yard TD pass to Limas Sweed with 2:37 left in the contest.

Defensive Player of the Week

LaMarcus Hicks, Sr., CB, Iowa State (Clarksdale, Miss.)

Hicks returned a second quarter interception 28 yards for a touchdown and also recovered a fumble in Iowa State's 23-3 upset of No. 8 Iowa. Hicks finished the game with three tackles and a pass break up as the Cyclones held their in-state rival out of the end zone for the first time in the series since 1978.

Special Teams Player of the Week

Troy Blankenship, Sr, P, Iowa State (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)

Blankenship dropped three punts inside Iowa's 20-yard line in Iowa State's first win over an Associated Press Top 10 squad since 1992. His longest punt of the game was a 68-yarder into a 25 mile-an-hour wind. For the game, Blankenship averaged 41.4 yards on eight kicks.

2005 SBC Big 12 Football Players of the Week Date Offense Defense Special Teams

9/5 Brad Smith, Sr, QB, MU Bo Ruud, So, LB, NU Mason Crosby, Jr, PK, CU

9/12 Vince Young, Jr, QB, UT LaMarcus Hicks, Sr, CB, ISU Troy Blankenship, Sr, P, ISU

--------------

Nebraska should have had defensive players of the week by either Daniel, Corey or Stewart bradley

McKeon got robbed. But he seems like the type of person to have little regard for this. He will continue to play hard each and every game and he will be rewarded for it in the end.

This kid is fun to watch play ball. He seems to be having a lot of fun out there with his teammates. I look forward to more of the same from him this season, and hopefully he gets rewarded for it at some point.

They just got it because they played in high profile games.

That's just the thing. Ruud didn't play in a high profile game last week and he still got it. I just don't understand how you can overlook McKeon or Bullocks for that award the way they played on Saturday. Hicks had a great day. Those two had AMAZING days.

They just got it because they played in high profile games.

OK, I have to play devil's advocate on this one. As impressive as Cory was, and as little as I care about Iowa or ISU, I don't think this pick is that bad. Maybe if the game was close, but regardless of what you think about Iowa, they are a much better opponent than WF. And the Clones just SMOKED them. I'm a big supporter of the underdog outplaying the team that is supposed to roll them.

McKeon, don't sweat it. Keep it up, and you'll get your due. If nothing else, it should inspire you to continue dominating.