Can someone please find me

Ok I am really curious to see what TCU and Boise State's strength of schedule rankings and how the compare to Nebraska and other top 10 BCS teams' sos.

Now truthfully Im not sure how the SOS works or who creates it, but if someone could please find it for me from a credible source and possibly explain how the SOS is compiled that would really shed some light on this topic.

Thanks

Everybody has a little different method of calculating SOS. Often times the results are similar, but not always. Most systems calculate the SOS based on games played (so our games against Kansas, TAMU, CU, etc. are not considered yet), but Massey actually does both separate calculations for games played and all games. Here are some links:

- Sagarin (SCHEDL(RANK) column)

- Colley(SOS: rank column)

- Massey (SchP is only opponents played, SchF is the full schedule calculated)

- Anderson & Hester (Sched. Rank column)

- Billingsley (Sch column)

JT posted links to the two best. I'm a big Sagarin disciple. I think the guy's rankings are golden - with the caveat that they get far better as the season wears on. There are still statistical anomalies right now that will iron out.

The best SOS is always looking at the season as a whole in review, and that's where Sagarin shines. IMVHO.

Everybody has a little different method of calculating SOS. Often times the results are similar, but not always. Most systems calculate the SOS based on games played (so our games against Kansas, TAMU, CU, etc. are not considered yet), but Massey actually does both separate calculations for games played and all games. Here are some links:

- Sagarin (SCHEDL(RANK) column)

- Colley(SOS: rank column)

- Massey (SchP is only opponents played, SchF is the full schedule calculated)

- Anderson & Hester (Sched. Rank column)

- Billingsley (Sch column)

Thank you, that was extremely helpful. Just about what I thought TCU and Boise State's SOS would be.

JT posted links to the two best. I'm a big Sagarin disciple. I think the guy's rankings are golden - with the caveat that they get far better as the season wears on. There are still statistical anomalies right now that will iron out.

The best SOS is always looking at the season as a whole in review, and that's where Sagarin shines. IMVHO.

After Sagarin, which is the best?

Hard to say since I've been using Sagarin for years. Probably a coin flip between Colley and Massey, but really, all the computer rankings are pretty good - with the caveat that during the season there will always be statistical anomalies.

Hard to say since I've been using Sagarin for years. Probably a coin flip between Colley and Massey, but really, all the computer rankings are pretty good - with the caveat that during the season there will always be statistical anomalies.

Why does Sagarin have nearly every top B10 team's sos below 70? That doesn't make any sense

Those are the statistical anomalies I was talking about. Another current anomaly is that the PAC-10 has nine of the sixteen toughest schedules in all the land. I don't get all the ins and outs of how the numbers work, but at the end of the season it'll balance out. In the middle of the season, with 1/3 of your games left to play, there will be variances in the numbers.

Why does Sagarin have nearly every top B10 team's sos below 70? That doesn't make any sense

Those are the statistical anomalies I was talking about. Another current anomaly is that the PAC-10 has nine of the sixteen toughest schedules in all the land. I don't get all the ins and outs of how the numbers work, but at the end of the season it'll balance out. In the middle of the season, with 1/3 of your games left to play, there will be variances in the numbers.

got it thx