Cassidy & Osborne rewarded with Blackshirts today

Nexus

umm...i think some are writing off martin a little soon. He played special teams as a frshman, and yes, hes still there mostly but wait until next year or so until writing himoff. Something tells me his size and pop are gonna be just what the big 10 ordered. Hes a young pup still. But built and plays like an old battle tested man. I think were only seeing the tip of the iceberg with him. Guess what im really saying is he naturally has all the right things you cant teach...hes crafty in a way. And if bo has shown us anything, its that he can coach a player up on the other stuff, physical gifts aside.

Obviously Martin doesnt have much between the ears. Has all the physical tools in the world just not the understanding of the defense and instincts to play for Bo on Saturday's. (Except on special teams where he unleashes his inner beast)

umm...i think some are writing off martin a little soon. He played special teams as a frshman, and yes, hes still there mostly but wait until next year or so until writing himoff. Something tells me his size and pop are gonna be just what the big 10 ordered. Hes a young pup still. But built and plays like an old battle tested man. I think were only seeing the tip of the iceberg with him. Guess what im really saying is he naturally has all the right things you cant teach...hes crafty in a way. And if bo has shown us anything, its that he can coach a player up on the other stuff, physical gifts aside.

Martin definitely has potential, some players just need more time to develop. IMO, Dillard was an example of this--played lights out his senior year to the point it could be argued he was possibly the 2nd best player on the 2009 D

Can anybody share some insight as to why Thenarase and Smith lost their blackshirts? Did Cassidy and Osborne beat them out on the practice field?

And knapplc, I think David has a blackshirt.

I think Thenarse getting benched the last two games is why he lost his.

Thanks for the reminder on David. Brain fart. :facepalm:

I guess my question more or less is if anybody knows why he was benched? My best guess is that he got beat out in practice because it seemed like he was having a pretty good year. I didn't see him making mistakes or giving up the big play.

:rollin

Christopherson provided a list of current Blackshirts:

As it stands, there are 12 Huskers wearing Blackshirts: Allen, Crick, Steinkuhler, Meredith, David, Compton, Hagg, Gomes, Dennard, Amukamara, Cassidy, Osborne.

LINK

Don't they normal only give out 11?

I don't know about that. I don't think there's a set rule or way of handing them out. I think it's all on the decision of the coaches, like last year when Henery was killing opponents with brilliant punts and they gave him a Blackshirt. It seems like there could be a dozen or 14 or 10 guys with Blackshirts, depending on how the coaches feel about it.

Osborne is a beast,I'm happy to see him get his blackshirt.

He is, but he also has some room to grow and really hammer down the defensive scheme. Our DB's in a year or two will be once again among the top in the country. It makes me salivate to think about Corey Cooper, Courtney Osborne, Austin Cassidy, Tevin Mitchel, Harvey Jackson, Charles Jackson, and who could forget Ciante Evans. :koolaid2: