Game ball goes to...

On offense that game ball goes to Alex. Automatic as always with his kicks, and had some money punts.

Defensively, I give it to Crick and Baker. The two inside guys controlled the whole game and didn't give up anything up the gut. Crick chips in extra with the two sacks.

:bonesflag::restore:boxosoap:throwdabones1:

I haven't been able to confirm it, but they mentioned on the Huskers.com broadcast that with one of Henery's FG's, he pass Eric Crouch for Most Points scored by a Husker. By doing so he moved into the #2 place. Maybe someone else can confirm.

Yes, i also heard that on the radio as well.

From the Omaha World Herald

Bits and pieces

Nebraska ensured its third straight nine-win season and 45th in school history. Bo Pelini joins Bob Devaney, Tom Osborne and Frank Solich as NU coaches to win nine games in each of their first three seasons. ... Taylor Martinez rushed for 71 yards to reach 957 this year, moving him past Calvin Jones to second place on the freshman chart at NU. Ahman Green holds the freshman record with 1,086 yards. ... Kicker Alex Henery scored eight points Saturday to reach 373 for his career, passing Eric Crouch for second place behind Kris Brown. Brown scored 388 points. ... NU rushed for 230 yards against Kansas, the ninth time in 10 games the Huskers have topped 200 rushing yards. ... The five first downs allowed are the fewest Nebraska has allowed since Kansas had just four first downs in Lawrence in 1997.

I have no interest in giving Niles the game ball right now. He has to put together 3-4 games in a row to earn back my confidence in him. I aint gonna lie, after watching what he did last night, i'm scared to death what he's gonna pull next week. He' just that way, and nothing he's ever done can prove otherwise.

But it's a game ball, not a month ball or 3 games ball.

I've been as critical as anyone of his play. As a result, I will reward when deserved. He had a great game and deserves a game ball.

....and yes I am terrified next week he will drop 3 TD's and fumble a kick.