4-2-5 or 4-1-6?

macroboy

At the beginning of the game the TV knuckleheads had our starting lineup as 4-2-6 with Compton and David at LB.

Did they just get that from old media materials?

Did we play that D more yesterday?

I don't remember even seeing Hagg yesterday. I don't remember a whole lot of Compton either.

I have to confess that in the 2nd half I spent more time jabbering with the people around me.

Did we run more 4-2-6? If so, doesn't that justify running more 4-2-6?

4-2-6 would really be tough to move the ball against :lol:

I am sure that KU felt like we were running that defense. Compton was actually on the field a bit and was with David at times, giving the 2 LB look.

Carl also went back to walking Merideth off to LB and playing a 3 man front. Only negative with this look is that it seems like many times when they run it, the DE lose contain on the QB and they pick up huge gains on QB keeps (Gabbert and KU).

All I know is that David is a stud, and Jason Ankrah needs to play a lot more. Allen is way to slow, especially in the 3 man front.

We ran some 4-2-5 occasionally yesterday. I saw alot of 4-1-6 and a few times saw some 3-2-6. Now I'm confused........... :LOLtartar

All I know is after many, many beers I couldnt keep up with the numbers. loltartar.gif Sometimes i think Carl just makes up these schemes and hopes to go they equal 11. insertsarcasm.gif

By the way those commentators sucked last night. I didn't know that once you reach the 5 yd line that equal a TD for the other team. Did anyone else hear that one?

If we ran David/Compton a lot, it must have been a while, huh? I thought we had been running a ton of 4-1-6. Because with Cassidy and Osborne as the starting safeties, a 4-2-5 takes Gomes off the field, and replaces him with Compton. With all due respect to Mike Ekeler's tatoo, Gomes is a baller.

If we ran David/Compton a lot, it must have been a while, huh? I thought we had been running a ton of 4-1-6. Because with Cassidy and Osborne as the starting safeties, a 4-2-5 takes Gomes off the field, and replaces him with Compton. With all due respect to Mike Ekeler's tatoo, Gomes is a baller.

Sometimes when they go to the peso (4-2-5), they move Gomes back to safety in place of Cassidy or Osborne.