How will our D do against A+M's offense

I've been very impressed with your defense and think this is going to be a very tough game for us...

so don't take this as a troll, this is a legitimate question.

How did you lose to texas?

I didn't see the game, and going into it I thought it was the easiest matchup to call of all year. Nebraska in a blowout was obvious. Inferior one dimensional offense UCLA (and K-State since) was able to shove the ball down texas throat at will. And texas offense has no weapons, average to below average backs, soft offensive line, a QB who's not ready to be passing at the D-1 level and isn't a good runner, fast receivers who can't catch.

They have more talent on defense than they've shown, so I could envision their D rising up and making it closer than it should be... but the blackshirts should have had no trouble at all shutting out the texas offense... texas is awful. What happened?

3 dropped touchdown passes, fumbles, mental errors, off day. Nobody really knows, but we are done with those d-bags.

Really hard to compare the two, they're very different types of receivers. Blackmon is a big play guy whereas Fuller is a possession receiver with great hands. I do think Fuller is underrated in general though.

Howdy from Houston btw, always been impressed with your fanbase and wanted to come check things out over here. Really looking forward to the game on Saturday, should be a good one.

Personally, I think this game will prob be like the Okie Lite game for us. A&M will get their yards, but most of it will be on the ground in the 1st half. They will prob throw some trickery in their. In the 2nd half Nebraska will begin to pull away as the A&M defense will begin to wear down forcing A&M on offense to pass more than they like. After that its a pick party and Nebraska has ate another QB for supper in this case. Nebraska's depth on defense I think will be the difference in the game. A&M just doesnt have the horses or expericence to keep up with Nebraska.

The main key is for Nebraska to go for the throat early in the 2nd half to break their spirit, as I think it will be a close game at halftime. Nebraska by 3 TDs.

seennotheard is right, if Fuller is covered by man coverage with no saftey help, it will be a long night for your CB. Fuller is way better than blackmon

that being said, i am concerned about your D, we will have to exploit weak spots. from what i have read, is that your run D??

I like Fuller and think he'll make some plays, but Blackmon is way, way better. NU rarey runs a pure man-to-man scheme as some apparently think they do. Usually NU plays man underneath with safeties over the top (cover 2) or a match-zone scheme. Pelini is also known for mixing things up week-to-week with the defense. Against Mizzou we played a "spinner" with 3 down linemen and an upright DE who lined up based on the offensive formation. Mizzou never did figure it out.

As others have mentioned, A&M's best bet is to get a running game going and BE PATIENT. NU's defense is predicated on frustrating offenses into doing something abnormal or stupid. A&M needs to stay within 7 points going into the 4th quarter and they'll have an excellent chance.

Red Denver hit the nail on the head. Balance is the key to the Aggie offense in this game, if we are forced to be one dimensional we better hope our defense scores two TDs and Nebraska drops 3 touchdown passes again.

Oh and please do not label all Aggie fans based on tamu's post. Fuller is good, but he is not WAY BETTER than Blackmon. That's just a shock value statement.

Maybe I can ease off on the "way better" comment. I am biased, but to think that Blackmon is way better than Fuller is just as foolish. I agree that Blackmon is having a better statistical year than Fuller, but where was he last year? 20 catches for 260 yards and 2 touchdowns? That is the best receiver in D-1?

Just take a look at the comparisons of their respective statistics. Again I will give Blackmon having the better year this year. But he also does not have high caliber receivers taking catches away from him like Fuller does (ie. Swope and Nwachukwu). I agree with fig96!

Fuller Stats - http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=378013

Blackmon Stats - http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=380077

I don't mean to make a big fuss over this but you guys are probably partial to Blackmon because of what he did against your D. And you do not want to believe that Fuller will be better. He may or may not, we will see. But I still believe that if you leave just one man on him, he will have a big game.

Just my opinion, but I wanted to show what Fuller has done for us the past 3 years and at least why I am biased!

All in all, I think it will be a great game. I know you guys are really good and am looking forward to the matchup! :cheers

I've been very impressed with your defense and think this is going to be a very tough game for us...

so don't take this as a troll, this is a legitimate question.

How did you lose to texas?

I didn't see the game, and going into it I thought it was the easiest matchup to call of all year. Nebraska in a blowout was obvious. Inferior one dimensional offense UCLA (and K-State since) was able to shove the ball down texas throat at will. And texas offense has no weapons, average to below average backs, soft offensive line, a QB who's not ready to be passing at the D-1 level and isn't a good runner, fast receivers who can't catch.

They have more talent on defense than they've shown, so I could envision their D rising up and making it closer than it should be... but the blackshirts should have had no trouble at all shutting out the texas offense... texas is awful. What happened?

We missed 28 tackles on defense, dropped 8 passes total. 3 of those drops were sure touchdowns, 2 more would've put us 1st and goal inside the 5 yard line. We also fumbled the ball deep in our own territory which gave Texas their first touchdown.

Since then, we've benched the two safeties who had been starting, and have gotten more consistent play. We've also gotten one of our two top linebackers back from injury (Will Compton). Offensively, the main difference is that our QB Martinez has improved since then, but the thing that killed us in the Texas game was our receivers dropping passes, which looks more like a fluke, as they've been solid in every other game this year.

We still fumble a LOT, but it has improved too.

edit: Also, Texas shut down our running game by bringing 8 or 9 guys to stop the run every play. When we tried to exploit them through the air, we had guys running wide open, but simply dropped the important passes. Those dropped passes were the difference between a 7 point loss and a 28 point win.

I don't think they'll be able to throw on us. The only team to do that successfully was OSU and aTm is no OSU. It'll come down to the run game and whether our D-line and linebackers can stop their run game. We've had problems against mobile QB's so this could be an issue on Saturday.

Yes, OSU clearly showed their dominance over A&M by beating them at home on the last play of the game after the Aggies turned it over 5 times..... :facepalm:

lol!

Heh.....that's a damn good point. It'll be a whale of a game!

I don't think they'll be able to throw on us. The only team to do that successfully was OSU and aTm is no OSU. It'll come down to the run game and whether our D-line and linebackers can stop their run game. We've had problems against mobile QB's so this could be an issue on Saturday.

Yes, OSU clearly showed their dominance over A&M by beating them at home on the last play of the game after the Aggies turned it over 5 times..... :facepalm:

lol!

OSU is playing better at this point of the season though,If atm were to play Osu again the would get smoked.

lol!

OSU is playing better at this point of the season though,If atm were to play Osu again the would get smoked.

That's true enough but so are the Aggies. We're playing them both on the road and it will be tough. Especially with Tmart around 80%.

lol!

That's true enough but so are the Aggies. We're playing them both on the road and it will be tough. Especially with Tmart around 80%.

haha yeah well at least we have played good on the road excluding the Iowa state game.

lol!

wow, the confidence in Okie State is astonishing! this is the Husker board isn't it?

by the way, A&M is playing better at this point of the season too, also with a different QB.

lol!

Perhaps you can help me better objectively understand why OSU would "smoke" A&M right now because they are playing so much better at this point in the season. Here are the results from the last 4 games:

OSU: Neb, L 41-51

@ KSU, W 24-14

BU, W 55-28

@ Texas, W 33-16

Offense average 38.25 ppg, 565 ypg

Defensive average 27.25 ppg, 412 ypg

A&M: @KU, W 45-10

TT, W 45-27

OU, W 33-19

@BU, W 42-30

Offense average 41.25 ppg, 488 ypg

Defensive Average 21 ppg, 412 ypg

lol!

wow, the confidence in Okie State is astonishing! this is the Husker board isn't it?

by the way, A&M is playing better at this point of the season too, also with a different QB.

Can you say Kendell Hunter and Justin Blackmon? LOL! OSU is a bigger threat throwing and passing the ball than Atm.

lol!

Can you say Kendell Hunter and Justin Blackmon? LOL! OSU is a bigger threat throwing and passing the ball than Atm.

You guys absolutely LOVE these Blackmon and Hunter fellers. They are good but I don't think you have been watching us play.

This people on this board are pretty reasonable in their posts but you sound like you should be on baylorfans!