How will our D do against A+M's offense

I don't think they'll be able to throw on us. The only team to do that successfully was OSU and aTm is no OSU. It'll come down to the run game and whether our D-line and linebackers can stop their run game. We've had problems against mobile QB's so this could be an issue on Saturday.

Yes, OSU clearly showed their dominance over A&M by beating them at home on the last play of the game after the Aggies turned it over 5 times..... :facepalm:

????? I'm a Nebraska fan what is that supposed to mean? Maybe I'm being biased but I think that Osu is just alot more explosive then Atm... Can you accept an opinion?

lol!

Heh.....that's a damn good point. It'll be a whale of a game!

OSU is playing better at this point of the season though,If atm were to play Osu again the would get smoked.

wow, the confidence in Okie State is astonishing! this is the Husker board isn't it?

by the way, A&M is playing better at this point of the season too, also with a different QB.

Can you say Kendell Hunter and Justin Blackmon? LOL! OSU is a bigger threat throwing and passing the ball than Atm.

You guys absolutely LOVE these Blackmon and Hunter fellers. They are good but I don't think you have been watching us play.

This people on this board are pretty reasonable in their posts but you sound like you should be on baylorfans!

????? I'm a Nebraska fan what is that supposed to mean? Maybe I'm being biased but I think that Osu is just alot more explosive then Atm... Can you accept an opinion? If you can't accept an opinion then maybe you should go back to TexaAgs.com

I don't think they'll be able to throw on us. The only team to do that successfully was OSU and aTm is no OSU. It'll come down to the run game and whether our D-line and linebackers can stop their run game. We've had problems against mobile QB's so this could be an issue on Saturday.

Yes, OSU clearly showed their dominance over A&M by beating them at home on the last play of the game after the Aggies turned it over 5 times..... :facepalm:

????? I'm a Nebraska fan what is that supposed to mean? Maybe I'm being biased but I think that Osu is just alot more explosive then Atm... Can you accept an opinion?

lol!

OSU is playing better at this point of the season though,If atm were to play Osu again the would get smoked.

wow, the confidence in Okie State is astonishing! this is the Husker board isn't it?

by the way, A&M is playing better at this point of the season too, also with a different QB.

Can you say Kendell Hunter and Justin Blackmon? LOL! OSU is a bigger threat throwing and passing the ball than Atm.

You guys absolutely LOVE these Blackmon and Hunter fellers. They are good but I don't think you have been watching us play.

This people on this board are pretty reasonable in their posts but you sound like you should be on baylorfans!

sure I can. Your remarks make it obvious that you have not seen us play, you think okie state is the best team that you will see and you seem to be overly confident that every team out there including your own will demolish A&M, hence the baylorfan remark!

I respect Nebraska and their football team. I think this will be a great game and I am looking forward to two great teams playing this weekend.

carry on!

lol!

sure I can. Your remarks make it obvious that you have not seen us play, you think okie state is the best team that you will see and you seem to be overly confident that every team out there including your own will demolish A&M, hence the baylorfan remark!

I respect Nebraska and their football team. I think this will be a great game and I am looking forward to two great teams playing this weekend.

carry on!

never mine

lol!

carry on!

I definitely don't think this will be an easy game and I'd say it's a toss up on who will win. I do think that OSU definitely has the better offense but I think you guys could possibly be better do to you guys having an edge on defense.

This is my first time here. I like what I have seen so far. Some pretty level headed fans.

I think the two teams match up VERY well. It will come down to who brings their A game on Saturday.

I think the biggest factor I haven't seen mentioned yet in this thread will be the fans. The 12th Man is sure to be on high alert with the #9 Huskers coming to town. Home Field advantage may just swing the tides in this game.

NU plays better on the road (except for Iowa St, but that was with out #1 and #2 QB and #1 corner back)

Perhaps you can help me better objectively understand why OSU would "smoke" A&M right now because they are playing so much better at this point in the season. Here are the results from the last 4 games:

OSU: Neb, L 41-51

@ KSU, W 24-14

BU, W 55-28

@ Texas, W 33-16

Offense average 38.25 ppg, 565 ypg

Defensive average 27.25 ppg, 412 ypg

A&M: @KU, W 45-10

TT, W 45-27

OU, W 33-19

@BU, W 42-30

Offense average 41.25 ppg, 488 ypg

Defensive Average 21 ppg, 412 ypg

Tough to say how good the opponents were; I'd argue that OSU has played tougher competition in those games. But there's a common opponent in there. Not definitive but OSU handled BU much more easily than A&M did. I don't think OSU would "smoke" A&M, but I do think they're the better team, even with A&M's improved play.

lol!

carry on!

I saw A&M play Oklahoma. I thought they looked good.

However, I think Oklahoma State has the best offense in the country, including Oregon.

Like most football games, the battle up front on both sides of the ball will be the deciding factor in who wins on Saturday night.

Methinks this statement has been seriously overlooked amid all the Fuller/Blackmon discussion in this thread.

In the three games Tannehill has started for aTm, he's been sacked 5 times (2 vs TT, 3 vs OU, 0 vs BU). In the 7 games prior to that, Johnson was sacked 25 times. This indicates improved play by the Aggie O-line and better pocket presence and elusiveness by Tannehill. The Husker pass rush, on the other hand, has also improved in recent games to the tune of 6 sacks vs KU, 2 vs ISU and 6 vs MU.

When it comes to the Aggies' run game, they've been at or above their season avg of 161.4 ypg since Tannehill has started. Whereas the Husker D has tightened the reigns against the run since the OSU game, allowing an avg of 123.7 ypg.

This tells me there's no doubt the aTm offense and Husker D are on a crash course between much-improved units, and it all starts up front in the trenches.

If Nebraska expects to stop this efficient and dangerous Aggie offense, the Dline must out-perform an improving aTm O-line. And when they collapse the pocket on Tannehill, they have to be able to take the big QB down and not allow him to get out into the open field.

In the three games Tannehill has started for aTm, he's been sacked 5 times (2 vs TT, 3 vs OU, 0 vs BU). In the 7 games prior to that, Johnson was sacked 25 times. This indicates improved play by the Aggie O-line and better pocket presence and elusiveness by Tannehill. The Husker pass rush, on the other hand, has also improved in recent games to the tune of 6 sacks vs KU, 2 vs ISU and 6 vs MU.

This is really key IMO. Tannehill does have great pocket presence, he steps up into the pocket well, has great velocity on his throws and can throw well on the run (check out the play at around the 1:00 mark

). He's also got some wheels and isn't afraid to take off, first play against OU was a zone read that he took for 60-something yards.

That being said NU is without question the best defensive unit we'll face all season, it'll be interesting to see what he and our front five can do.

This is really key IMO. Tannehill does have great pocket presence, he steps up into the pocket well, has great velocity on his throws and can throw well on the run (check out the play at around the 1:00 mark

). He's also got some wheels and isn't afraid to take off, first play against OU was a zone read that he took for 60-something yards.

That being said NU is without question the best defensive unit we'll face all season, it'll be interesting to see what he and our front five can do.

Saw that play and was impressed. Of course it should be noted that big scamper accounted for more than half of his total running yards in his 3 starts. Nonetheless, Tannehill is every bit as fast as Gabbert (probably faster in a dead sprint), and you'd be crazy to think aTm won't have some designed run plays for him based on how much yardage NU has given up to QBs since the Texas game.

Saw that play and was impressed. Of course it should be noted that big scamper accounted for more than half of his total running yards in his 3 starts. Nonetheless, Tannehill is every bit as fast as Gabbert (probably faster in a dead sprint), and you'd be crazy to think aTm won't have some designed run plays for him based on how much yardage NU has given up to QBs since the Texas game.

Yeah, Nebraska will either have to have a better plan for containment, or just better execution.

I watched the Mizery and OSU v. ass To mouth games