How will our D do against A+M's offense

You guys absolutely LOVE these Blackmon and Hunter fellers. They are good but I don't think you have been watching us play.

This people on this board are pretty reasonable in their posts but you sound like you should be on baylorfans!

I watched the Mizery and OSU v. ass To mouth games

So you haven't seen the current offense in operation?

So the question is how will the Best pass D and #6 total D. do against a new QB who has yet to play a D in the Top 50. I guess we don't know but I think it is not crazy to think that Tannehill ends up on the Bench in the 2nd 1/2 as they go back to the old guy.

Perhaps one shoud ask if the A&M D can stop our offense? We do score more points and during Martinez last health game it was 51 points and over 500 yards. I think that he is healthy enough to give A&M fits, but then it's hard to push the game in the press if one reminds us the Nebraska offense scores more points and the QB is seriously on the mend. W/turnover last week the game was 42-0.

We have a much, much better D and a better offense (Sorry but I think we need to remind folks that our offense isn't exactly bad) ..... better hope the home field advatage kicks in and we beat ourselves.

They are obsessed with their receivers on this site. Does anyone know if they're actually that good or is it all biased talk?

Their top 2 receivers are the best pair we've faced, but neither is as good as Blackmon. But we have Dennard so I don't really care. The top OSU receivers have more total yards but that's only because Blackmon is so much higher. Here are some stats

1 Justin Blackmon Okla St 158.9

3 Jeff Fuller Texas A&M 92.3

4 T.J. Moe Missouri 79.4

7 Ryan Swope Texas A&M 71.1

10 Michael Egnew Missouri 58.6

15 Jerrell Jackson Missouri 51.1

17 Josh Cooper Okla St 50.5

28 Bo Bowling Okla St 35.4

28 Uzoma Nwachukwu Texas A&M 35.4

OSU's top 3: 244.8 yards/game

A&M's top 3: 198.8 yards/game

MU's top 3: 189.1 yards/game

OSU's top 2: 209.4 yards/game

A&M's top 2: 163.4 yards/game

MU's top 2: 138.0 yards/game

A&M has to be balanced, imo. Their receivers alone aren't going to beat us. Here's a rushing comparison:

4 Oklahoma State 188.40

5 Texas A&M 161.40

6 Missouri 160.30

Fact is, OSU did score a lot of points on us. But I'm not all that worried about it because most of them were because of Blackmon being awesome + an 80 yard trick play. I'd actually prefer 2 wide receivers who are 80% as good as Blackmon, because our 2nd best corner is so good.

They are obsessed with their receivers on this site. Does anyone know if they're actually that good or is it all biased talk?

Their top 2 receivers are the best pair we've faced, but neither is as good as Blackmon. But we have Dennard so I don't really care. The top OSU receivers have more total yards but that's only because Blackmon is so much higher. Here are some stats

4 T.J. Moe Missouri 79.4

A&M has to be balanced, imo. Their receivers alone aren't going to beat us. Here's a rushing comparison:

4 Oklahoma State 188.40

5 Texas A&M 161.40

6 Missouri 160.30

Good data man. Seems that on paper they are statistically similar to Missouri in a few categories. Let's hope the game turns out equally as well, minus the Martinez injury. I know they're a good, improved team, but I just feel that they aren't there yet, much like Missouri was hyped before coming to Lincoln. We'll see.

Good data man. Seems that on paper they are statistically similar to Missouri in a few categories. Let's hope the game turns out equally as well, minus the Martinez injury. I know they're a good, improved team, but I just feel that they aren't there yet, much like Missouri was hyped before coming to Lincoln. We'll see.

I still don't know what Missouri was thinking going passpasspasspass and playing right into our hands. A&M will probably be smarter than that. I doubt they'll score more than 28 though. (Hopefully Martinez is healthy enough to score more =oP)

Not a whole lot of discussion of poor tackling and turnovers. To me, our Huskers have to do the one and not the other. That will be the key.

SheepdogMark

This

We lost the Texas game by putting the rock on the turf(fumbles and a plethora of drops) and not tackling. Fortunately the tackling has been improved with Cassidy and Osborne. We've caught the ball fairly well since but fumbles have continued to be a problem in every game except Mizzou.

4 T.J. Moe Missouri 79.4

4 Oklahoma State 188.40

5 Texas A&M 161.40

6 Missouri 160.30

Fact is, OSU did score a lot of points on us. But I'm not all that worried about it because most of them were because of Blackmon being awesome + an 80 yard trick play. I'd actually prefer 2 wide receivers who are 80% as good as Blackmon, because our 2nd best corner is so good.

You are smoking crack if you think Jeff Fuller has only 80% of Blackmon's ability.

Blackmon is having a fantastic statistical year. But where was he last year? 260 yards receiving and 2 TD's?

I guess we will see tonight just how good Fuller is, if you have saftey help he probably won't do much which is how people have been playing him.

4 T.J. Moe Missouri 79.4

4 Oklahoma State 188.40

5 Texas A&M 161.40

6 Missouri 160.30

You are smoking crack if you think Jeff Fuller has only 80% of Blackmon's ability.

Blackmon is having a fantastic statistical year. But where was he last year? 260 yards receiving and 2 TD's?

I guess we will see tonight just how good Fuller is, if you have saftey help he probably won't do much which is how people have been playing him.

Considering he was a RS Freshmen playing behind arguably the best WR in the country for most of the season, I'd say he had a good enough year. More importantly though, is the season he's having in 2010. Your an aTm fan so I expect you to stick up for you boy, but I have seen both of them play and I have to agree with the majority of the board and say that Blackmon is the better WR. That doesn't mean Fuller isn't good. He's just not as good.