How will our D do against A+M's offense

I think A&M will put a few drives together, mostly with the run, and your QB should be able to get some yards on scrambles. But he'll have a long night against our secondary. If NU can avoid the mental errors we've seen lately, it should be a solid win for the Huskers. If not, it could be a slugfest. That said I'm really not too worried about the 12th man. Nebraska has *definitely* played much better on the road this season than at home.

The real question is how NU's offense fairs against A&M's defense. In 4 road games so far, we've scored 56, 48, 51 and 31 (in OT). I say 24 points wins this for NU. If A&M can score more than 21 on our D, I'm a monkey's uncle.

Blackemon (sp?) lit up your hoss corner for 157 yards. Fuller is just as physical. If you go one on one with no safety help I think Fuller has a decent game. But a slugfest is exactly what I expect.

Yeah Fuller is a good receiver and a handful but I wouldn't expect a Blackmon performance from him. I think if you guys are going to beat us I think you'll do it on the ground. Against Ok State Kendall Hunter hurt us more than Blackmon did. You guys can have success throwing the ball against us but I think you'll need a solid ground game to do it.

I think A&M will put a few drives together, mostly with the run, and your QB should be able to get some yards on scrambles. But he'll have a long night against our secondary. If NU can avoid the mental errors we've seen lately, it should be a solid win for the Huskers. If not, it could be a slugfest. That said I'm really not too worried about the 12th man. Nebraska has *definitely* played much better on the road this season than at home.

The real question is how NU's offense fairs against A&M's defense. In 4 road games so far, we've scored 56, 48, 51 and 31 (in OT). I say 24 points wins this for NU. If A&M can score more than 21 on our D, I'm a monkey's uncle.

Blackemon (sp?) lit up your hoss corner for 157 yards. Fuller is just as physical. If you go one on one with no safety help I think Fuller has a decent game. But a slugfest is exactly what I expect.

Blackmon had a good day, but I wouldn't expect anyone else this season to do that to our secondary. If you watch that game, 80 of his receiving yards came on a flea-flicker where our safety busted coverage and our cornerback stumbled. About 20 more yards came on a play where our CB stumbled. Stats can be misleading.

seennotheard is right, if Fuller is covered by man coverage with no saftey help, it will be a long night for your CB. Fuller is way better than blackmon

that being said, i am concerned about your D, we will have to exploit weak spots. from what i have read, is that your run D??

seennotheard is right, if Fuller is covered by man coverage with no saftey help, it will be a long night for your CB. Fuller is way better than blackmon

that being said, i am concerned about your D, we will have to exploit weak spots. from what i have read, is that your run D??

is this your final answer?

If our defense executes there isn't really a weakness. However, our linebackers are still somewhat inexperienced, and don't always play the right gap, and that's when teams hurts with the running game. If you want to have success running the ball, you'll get it by running between the tackles. If you try to run laterally against our base defense (4-2-5) or our dime defense, then you're not going to have the speed to make the corner.

Anyways, as far as the secondary matchup... This is the best secondary in the country. Both cornerbacks could be playing in the NFL next week, and we very likely will man up on your receivers a lot of the time without much safety help. If you can beat us that way, great... But that's only happened once in the past 2 seasons.

Tannehill has been good so far... But it's what, his 4th game? The defense he is going to see this Saturday will be way more complex, fast, and aggressive than anything else Texas A&M has seen all year. Our secondary is the last thing you should want to attack.

Establish the running game and keep us off balance, and you've got a chance. If you're one-dimensional, you don't.

I like Fuller and think he'll make some plays, but Blackmon is way, way better. NU rarey runs a pure man-to-man scheme as some apparently think they do. Usually NU plays man underneath with safeties over the top (cover 2) or a match-zone scheme. Pelini is also known for mixing things up week-to-week with the defense. Against Mizzou we played a "spinner" with 3 down linemen and an upright DE who lined up based on the offensive formation. Mizzou never did figure it out.

As others have mentioned, A&M's best bet is to get a running game going and BE PATIENT. NU's defense is predicated on frustrating offenses into doing something abnormal or stupid. A&M needs to stay within 7 points going into the 4th quarter and they'll have an excellent chance.

• Fire 1

The idea that aTm will be able to attack us thru the air is ludicrous. All one has to do is look at passing stats over the last two years to realize that it doesnt bode well for teams that try. I dont expect this game to be any different. If our offense can get up 10-14 pts early this game will be over before it starts, much like the Washington game. We need to force aTm to have to abandon the run, if that happens Tannehill is going to end up in my signature.

I like Fuller and think he'll make some plays, but Blackmon is way, way better. NU rarey runs a pure man-to-man scheme as some apparently think they do. Usually NU plays man underneath with safeties over the top (cover 2) or a match-zone scheme. Pelini is also known for mixing things up week-to-week with the defense. Against Mizzou we played a "spinner" with 3 down linemen and an upright DE who lined up based on the offensive formation. Mizzou never did figure it out.

As others have mentioned, A&M's best bet is to get a running game going and BE PATIENT. NU's defense is predicated on frustrating offenses into doing something abnormal or stupid. A&M needs to stay within 7 points going into the 4th quarter and they'll have an excellent chance.

Red Denver hit the nail on the head. Balance is the key to the Aggie offense in this game, if we are forced to be one dimensional we better hope our defense scores two TDs and Nebraska drops 3 touchdown passes again.

Oh and please do not label all Aggie fans based on tamu's post. Fuller is good, but he is not WAY BETTER than Blackmon. That's just a shock value statement.

Like most football games, the battle up front on both sides of the ball will be the deciding factor in who wins on Saturday night. If Bo decides to let Prince cover Fuller man to man and not provide safety help, the Aggies will have to take some shots against him and hope for the best, like OSU did with Blackmon. Nebraska's key will be how they attempt to cover A&M's slot recievers (Swope/Nwachaku) and therefore how many men they commit to the box. Six or less and we'll attempt to run Gray and Tannehill. Seven or more and we'll try to take advantage of the man to man matchups on our recievers.

Should be an interesting and fun matchup between two talented units.

The slot recievers will be blanketed by Gomes and Hagg, so I dont expect the slots to be a huge factor.

OU took the same approach and Swope burned them for 8 catches, 136 yards and a touchdown. It will be intersting to see if Hagg can can follow him around the field all night.

This isn't OU. This will be the best secondary A&M's QB and receivers will face during their college career.

This is my first time here. I like what I have seen so far. Some pretty level headed fans.

I think the two teams match up VERY well. It will come down to who brings their A game on Saturday.

I think the biggest factor I haven't seen mentioned yet in this thread will be the fans. The 12th Man is sure to be on high alert with the #9 Huskers coming to town. Home Field advantage may just swing the tides in this game.

With all due respect, the home field advantage will not be a factor. Nebraska has proven to actually play BETTER on the road in hostile environments as of late. If Martinez's ankle is 90% and he does not fumble, chances are Nebraska wins a close game.

It may be a push between Blackmon and Fuller, but to think Fuller is going for over 100 yards recieving against us is just a little loopy.

I've been very impressed with your defense and think this is going to be a very tough game for us...

so don't take this as a troll, this is a legitimate question.

How did you lose to texas?

I didn't see the game, and going into it I thought it was the easiest matchup to call of all year. Nebraska in a blowout was obvious. Inferior one dimensional offense UCLA (and K-State since) was able to shove the ball down texas throat at will. And texas offense has no weapons, average to below average backs, soft offensive line, a QB who's not ready to be passing at the D-1 level and isn't a good runner, fast receivers who can't catch.

They have more talent on defense than they've shown, so I could envision their D rising up and making it closer than it should be... but the blackshirts should have had no trouble at all shutting out the texas offense... texas is awful. What happened?