Very worried about Saturday night

I guess I am worried about Texas A/M game too and I think a lot of husker nation is. Yes, we took care of Locker and Ok State but Martinez was healthy then. Our defense is fantastic but honestly the A&M defense is not too bad either. I was really surprised to see how the Huskers played at Ames and during the Kansas game last Saturday, they did not look good. Every other team put up a lot more points on KS.

I guess I am just looking for some positive feedback from others so I can shake this crappy feeling about the outcome of the game with Texas A M.

Thanks for any help.

I guess I am worried about Texas A/M game too and I think a lot of husker nation is. Yes, we took care of Locker and Ok State but Martinez was healthy then. Our defense is fantastic but honestly the A&M defense is not too bad either. I was really surprised to see how the Huskers played at Ames and during the Kansas game last Saturday, they did not look good. Every other team put up a lot more points on KS.

I guess I am just looking for some positive feedback from others so I can shake this crappy feeling about the outcome of the game with Texas A M.

Thanks for any help.

Don't worry. It might be a tough game, but Martinez is going to be lights out (calling it right now). These are the games he gets up for, the kind of atmosphere he loves. He may not be 100% healthy, but he's going to be running on adrenaline. I have a good feeling he's going to look like his pre-Missouri form.

Kudos to anyone attending this game 'cause it's gonna be wild at Kyle Field. While I think Nebraska will execute very well on both sides of the ball, I strongly believe this one will go down to the wire because aTm is playing great football over the last 4 games, minus its 1st half vs Baylor.

The effect of the 12th man has been mentioned throughout this thread, as well it should be. IMO momentum will play a big role in this game. If NU can get to an early lead and find a way to suck the life out of the crowd, that momentum will be priceless, laying a solid foundation for the Huskers to build on. However, if NU doesn't start strong and aTm gains any momentum, it will take everything we have to overcome that.

This game is going to be a dog-fight from start to finish, but if I were to pick one team to really take off and run away with this game, it would be Nebraska. The Aggies have big-play potential on offense, but the Blackshirts are built to prevent big plays, which is something they've done very well this season (minus OSU). The Husker offense meanwhile has proven when it's offensive line executes, there's no stopping the big-play ability of our running game.

I wouldn't put money on this game (actually, any Nebraska game for multiple reasons) but I think night at Kyle Field means 'us against the world' will be in full effect.

As long as the offense and special teams doesn't put the team in a hole early, I think the Huskers will do well. Then again, I said that before Texas too

I wouldn't put money on this game (actually, any Nebraska game for multiple reasons) but I think night at Kyle Field means 'us against the world' will be in full effect.

As long as the offense and special teams doesn't put the team in a hole early, I think the Huskers will do well. Then again, I said that before Texas too

And I said that before the Mizzou game. Oye!

Three keys:

1. Tackle Gray. He's not as good as Kendall Hunter, but he's a dangerous guy who we have to keep contained. If we limit his big runs, the pressure lies squarely on Tannehill - and I think our DBs win that battle.

2. O-Line play. I've been quite underwhelmed with our O-line play this year. I think our new-found success running the ball has little to do with the line and all to do with T-Mart. These guys need to deliver against a very good A&M D-line and control the ball. The Aggies will get some points; we have to control the line of scrimmage.

3. Play with discipline. It is pretty amazing that this team's lack of discipline (hello, coaching staff!) has only cost one game. An early miscue, be it a turnover, a penalty, or giving up a big play on special teams, will be like throwing chum into the waters.

If T-Mart were 100%, I'd like our chances. But I think momentum is a huge factor for college kids. Couple that with the locale, plus the fact that A&M has real talent, and I think we struggle. Hopefully T-Mart has been sand-bagging, but I see it 27-17, Aggies.

Three keys:

1. Tackle Gray. He's not as good as Kendall Hunter, but he's a dangerous guy who we have to keep contained. If we limit his big runs, the pressure lies squarely on Tannehill - and I think our DBs win that battle.

2. O-Line play. I've been quite underwhelmed with our O-line play this year. I think our new-found success running the ball has little to do with the line and all to do with T-Mart. These guys need to deliver against a very good A&M D-line and control the ball. The Aggies will get some points; we have to control the line of scrimmage.

3. Play with discipline. It is pretty amazing that this team's lack of discipline (hello, coaching staff!) has only cost one game. An early miscue, be it a turnover, a penalty, or giving up a big play on special teams, will be like throwing chum into the waters.

If T-Mart were 100%, I'd like our chances. But I think momentum is a huge factor for college kids. Couple that with the locale, plus the fact that A&M has real talent, and I think we struggle. Hopefully T-Mart has been sand-bagging, but I see it 27-17, Aggies.

You forgot something. We are on the road at a hard place to play. Those are the games we show up to play.