So how happy are you Huskers to be going to the Big Ten?

Pretty excited. On the flip side there is something about not playing the teams we have played against for so long that I will miss too. I guess change is inevitable. I would love to schedule a Missouri or K-State or any Big 12 team down the road, I guess part of me will miss these games and not just for the final score.

Im not sure, but I think that we will continue to schedule pre-season games with the Big XII. Or atleast thats my hope.

Surprised no one attacked the It's cold here deal. I am sure it is way colder in Nebraska than it is in Texas. I am in Houston and it is 70 degrees out, yesterday the high was 60. NOT COLD, sry Aggiegal2005. Cold is when you walk outside and your face freezes off, snot turns to ice on you lip. Nebraska is cold, not Texas!

oh yea, we are excited about the big 10, you have fun trying to get that $20 million from Texas in the Texas 10! I bet within 3 years your in the SEC conference.

Surprised no one attacked the It's cold here deal. I am sure it is way colder in Nebraska than it is in Texas. I am in Houston and it is 70 degrees out, yesterday the high was 60. NOT COLD, sry Aggiegal2005. Cold is when you walk outside and your face freezes off, snot turns to ice on you lip. Nebraska is cold, not Texas!

oh yea, we are excited about the big 10, you have fun trying to get that $20 million from Texas in the Texas 10! I bet within 3 years your in the SEC conference.

Actually if you read the OP she says that she lives in Big 10 country, so I think her cold is similar to Nebraska cold, not Texas.

...she's an ex-pat "living in big ten country".

Pretty excited. On the flip side there is something about not playing the teams we have played against for so long that I will miss too. I guess change is inevitable. I would love to schedule a Missouri or K-State or any Big 12 team down the road, I guess part of me will miss these games and not just for the final score.

Im not sure, but I think that we will continue to schedule pre-season games with the Big XII. Or atleast thats my hope.

Not a chance. Our noncon is set for years to come and if we move to a 10-game conference schedule, we'll need all noncon games to be home games for $$$$$ purposes. Plus, no reason to schedule a tough game when the conference schedule would be murder.

I can't wait to do this to Iowa every year...

Having lived in Iowa all my life (until I came to UNL), I never had a problem with Iowa fans, until last year when they had a pretty good season. They are so overtly and undeservedly cocky. They have a little brother complex that is not too different from what we see with misery fans. I cannot wait to start tearing them apart year in and year out.

+1 by the way, for you sir. Eric Crouch is awesome for many reasons, this hit being one reason that is especially high on the list.

• Fire 1

I don't know many Huskers but I assume ecstatic? Is it bittersweet at all? I live in Big Ten country with the biggest Michigan fan you'll ever meet and people here are excited to have you.

I will most likely be seeing you guys at the Big House in Ann Arbor on November 19th (EDIT: 2011). FYI, it's COLD here. ;)

Its might be somewhat of an age thing. If you're older like me you might be less likely to like it. I will mist playing Oklahoma. I understand it and can see where it will probably work out for the best long term, but still don't like it. When you get old you tend not to like change.;)

I will miss the old rivalries. The Big 10 is a great conference, but come early November next year I have the feeling that I'll really miss some of the old matchups, even as exciting as the next season will be. Being fairly young, the Big 12 (and like 2-3 years of Big 8) is all I can really remember and it is already sad knowing all of that tradition is gone. Still, I'm looking forward to playing Iowa every year and for all the benefits that come with the Big 10.