Texas A&M looking to break attendence record

considering their hasnt been a game at Kyle field with this much on the line in 10 years, I would be attending the game as well.

Aggies are in desperate need of a rival, they have to hang their hat on something. Texas' biggest rival by a mile is OU.

poor Aggies

I wouldn't say we're in desperate need of a rival. I agree that the Texas/OU rivalry is much bigger, especially over the last ten years, but Texas is still a rivalry. So is Texas Tech, to an extent. No need to feel sorry for us! :)

We pretty much get hyped up every game, but this is the biggest I've seen since we took on #1 OU while I was in school. Now THAT was a heckuva game - best game I've ever attended.

Ok so I know we have all been talking at length about Bo and his comments about Husker fans and everyone has different opinions on our thoughts of why the crowd was so out of it last weekend against KU but I wanted to throw something out there that I just saw from Sean Callahan.

A couple minutes ago he tweeted that aTm has already sold 23,516 student tickets and that they are shooting for 30,000.

Does anyone have any idea as to how many student tickets are sold and used on game day in Lincoln? I am thinking that if we were able to bring in 20-30k students each game that we would never be having the conversations about a lackluster crowd. Am I wrong?

Also - I wish that we were giving students better seats then where they are. Seems like we corner them and really take them out of the game instead of using them to our advantage and having them closer to the sidelines/field. I know...yada yada yada....we need the money from season ticket holders and they should be getting the best seats....blah blah blah. I don't agree with that at all, especially after spending time in student sections in CU and IA State.

Thoughts?

Seems like we corner them and really take them out of the game instead of using them to our advantage and having them closer to the sidelines/field.

Michigan does this, and I think it really takes the advantage out of the student section. I was suprised at how quiet a 110,000 person stadium was. And it's not because the students aren't yelling - I've sat both in the student and alumni sections.

The only seating assignments I truly understand (in the east stadium) are those for visiting recruits, their families and the band. Seems like we could optimize the effect of our students by moving them from the south stadium to the two sections just north of the band in the east stadium. Then again, if we did that we might not want our recruits hearing all that our students have to say during a game, so maybe move them a bit further north of the students (still in the east stadium) or just move the visiting recruits to the west stadium so they can get the full throttle noise being blasted their way from the raucious east stadium, which would be manned by thousands of wild students.

Yeah, I like that plan. Let's go with that :)

Last I checked students pay a pretty penny to attend UNL.

but with a self-supporting budget, the athletic department doesn't see a dime of that

Good point. Sheesh, that argument hit the wall with a ka-bang!

But therein lies the problem. The football team couldnt be more removed from the actual school and the students. And thats f'd up. Before someone goes spouting off about how season ticket holders spend so much money supporting the team and all that, dont. Because I know. Collectively there are 10 season tickets in my family. But I staunchly believe that more students should be allowed into the games. In fact, if every single one of them wanted to go, then they should be able to. Thats just me though. Dont tell me it would never work, because thats bs too. If aTm can get 30k into their 86k seat stadium, then we should be able to find a way to get more than 8k students into ours.

Speaking of which...what is aTm's enrollment? 30k sounds like a lot of students to come to a game.

Last I checked students pay a pretty penny to attend UNL.

but with a self-supporting budget, the athletic department doesn't see a dime of that

Good point. Sheesh, that argument hit the wall with a ka-bang!

But therein lies the problem. The football team couldnt be more removed from the actual school and the students. And thats f'd up. Before someone goes spouting off about how season ticket holders spend so much money supporting the team and all that, dont. Because I know. Collectively there are 10 season tickets in my family. But I staunchly believe that more students should be allowed into the games. In fact, if every single one of them wanted to go, then they should be able to. Thats just me though. Dont tell me it would never work, because thats bs too. If aTm can get 30k into their 86k seat stadium, then we should be able to find a way to get more than 8k students into ours.

Speaking of which...what is aTm's enrollment? 30k sounds like a lot of students to come to a game.

According to the school website, they have 39,000+ undergrads and 9,400 graduates.

TAMU

I agree about students getting more tickets. I remember I had to get up at 6 AM the first day that freshman were allowed to reserve tickets to get mine last year, and they were sold out a week later. Of course, some people just buy the tickets so they can sell them and make a profit. Damn scalppers <_<