Adding fuel to the fire----A&M Style

i live in Texas and have been to numerous A&M games. All i can say is their is a reason Aggies are the butt of most of the jokes.

The games are cool but they think they are the only ones with a cool atmosphere. Personally I dont get the band thing or the all guy cheerleaders waving towels bending over.

If your not an alumni of A&M of live outside of Texas than nobody really cares about A&M. its a tough pill to swallow for their fans

We're not the only ones with a cool atmosphere, but we know that we have a unique atmosphere that is special to our University and I think most Aggies are proud of that, and rightfully so.

Maybe you would "get us more" if we were blasting Seven Nation Army or Enter Sandman from the loudspeakers instead of letting our band play. Maybe we should have cheerleaders hold up hand held signs like Texas-Fight or Boomer-Sooner instead of doing our own unique yells, which we have several of. You'll get your fair share of your type of "Cool Atmosphere" when you head to the Big Ten and hang out with all the Frat Daddy's from Madison to State College.

i live in Texas and have been to numerous A&M games. All i can say is their is a reason Aggies are the butt of most of the jokes.

The games are cool but they think they are the only ones with a cool atmosphere. Personally I dont get the band thing or the all guy cheerleaders waving towels bending over.

If your not an alumni of A&M of live outside of Texas than nobody really cares about A&M. its a tough pill to swallow for their fans

We're not the only ones with a cool atmosphere, but we know that we have a unique atmosphere that is special to our University and I think most Aggies are proud of that, and rightfully so.

Maybe you would "get us more" if we were blasting Seven Nation Army or Enter Sandman from the loudspeakers instead of letting our band play. Maybe we should have cheerleaders hold up hand held signs like Texas-Fight or Boomer-Sooner instead of doing our own unique yells, which we have several of. You'll get your fair share of your type of "Cool Atmosphere" when you head to the Big Ten and hang out with all the Frat Daddy's from Madison to State College.

i think we 'get you' just fine. most husker fans i know have nothing but kudos for Texas A&M and their awesome traditions. in fact, you'll likely find that we consider you the best away game site.

and as far as frat daddies go, madison is definitely not one to throw into that category. they are downright nuts up there, and not in a mainstream way. and not in an idiotic way, either, theyre just plain cool. i was up there for freakfest this year, and they shut down state street and have a party that defies everything fratty you can imagine. they are certainly present, but its not a frat friendly atmosphere from what i can tell. dont know about penn state.

I'll say this: I've been to college football games around the country and NU is my #1 favorite road trip. Here's one quick reason why:

I made the trip in '99 and had numerous husker fans buy a beer for me and talk about the game before the game. Then the game happened and NU kicked our ass and I had more husker fans buy me beer after the game and talk about the game. That kind of stuff does happen in other places, too, but it still felt different up at NU.

In '07 I found out why that felt different. Same scenario as before - husker fans bought a beer for me before the game and wanted to talk about the game. Then we ended up winning that game pretty easily, racking up over 300 yards rushing in the process, during the end of Callahan's tenure. After the game, a group of us went over to that Holiday Inn bar downtown and sat down at a table. No less than 4 different groups of husker fans still stopped by our table, after getting their asses kicked, and congratulated us on our win - wished us well for the rest of the year - and offered to buy us beers.

THAT is unique.

I was looking forward to making another trip up there next year and I am tremendously disappointed that this is NU's last year in the conference...

That said, I am also very proud of our home field tradition at Kyle Field and I would stack our fans up against anyone's in terms of intensity, noise and hospitality. I look forward to buying some beers for husker fans on Saturday and/or welcoming them to our tailgate and, hopefully, once again demonstrating why A&M has one of the top gameday traditions in the country...

So Pelini complimented the Huskers, saying “our fans are better than the Aggies’ fans.”

“I know they have some kind of thing on Friday night, like cheer practice,” Pelini told reporters

Linky-----Link Fixed

You do know the only reason he said this was pacify Nebraska fans hurt feelings.

The reporters knew they weren't going to get anymore comment about his noise comment that they tried a different tactic and tried to get him to praise a fanbase that is known as the 12th man. Pelini saw what was coming so he threw that out. Just listen to his I can't win chuckle when he said that.

So Pelini complimented the Huskers, saying “our fans are better than the Aggies’ fans.”

“I know they have some kind of thing on Friday night, like cheer practice,” Pelini told reporters

Linky-----Link Fixed

You do know the only reason he said this was pacify Nebraska fans hurt feelings.

The reporters knew they weren't going to get anymore comment about his noise comment that they tried a different tactic and tried to get him to praise a fanbase that is known as the 12th man. Pelini saw what was coming so he threw that out. Just listen to his I can't win chuckle when he said that.

yeah IIRC he laughed a little after saying “our fans are better than the Aggies’ fans.” It was all a bit tough in cheek.

Look, both the Aggies and Husker fans are a bit cultish, each having our own seemingly pointless traditions to those on the outside that are huge deals to those on the inside. So for someone from one of our schools to mock and belittle the traditions and fanbases of the other school is... .... COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDABLE SINCE WE'RE ABOUT TO PLAY FOOTBALL, NOT MIXED-DOUBLES TENNIS. F*** you! F*** you! You're cool. F*** you! Those of us still walking can share some beers after the game ;)

Hump it (or Humping it)

During a yell, the crowd leans forward and places their hands on their knees to maximize the noise and so that those standing behind them can see.

Maybe Nebraska needs to start humping more, to bring up the noise at home games!

:LOLtartar

Call me crazy but there might be a joke or two associated with this

Blue Hair: "Stop humping in front!"