Why i am begining to lose faith....

Hunter94

Look, we can rail against this until the cows come home, but Bo has suddenly become his worst own enemy, in a lot of ways.

What i saw in the first half of the Aggie game was upsetting to me, but it has been building for several weeks now.

Bo has taken this "bitch-fest" against the officials to a new level, to the point he invites more calls than he deserves.

Anytime you go into someone else's house, you are gonna lose some calls, that is called home field advantage, that is part of the game and as a leader you need to expect it and overcome it too. And it should also come as no surprise that Beebe and others may even run a slant against the team through officiating, maybe not, but i do know this much for sure....Pelini does no one any good when he blows up at his own players and dresses them down on the sideline while a national audience looks on, it hurts the schools reputation, the coach's image and is unfair to the kids. He whaled on Martinez and acted like a damn fool, he acted like a thug!

Imagine what a potential recruit is thinking watching this from outside, yeah, not too bright for Bo to fire off......but the real problem is this, the kids are taking on the persona of the coach, frustration is inviting personal fouls to a level we have never seen before, the players are now acting like the coach, too often out of control and inviting calls by late hits, after play antics, etc. Sure, you can say some of the calls were questionable, but Bo has lost self control and so have the players, they emulate what they see (if you live in a family of screamers, you become one), sad but true. So if the coaches and kids act this way when we get to the Big 10, then what? Do we use the excuse that the Big 10 is giving us a "special welcome"?......God i hope not, but with Bo i don't see him changing.

I just think the time has come for Pelini to chill out and damn fast. He is quickly getting a reputation that will have a bad effect on this team and the university and we sure don't need that....anyone can act like a damn fool and act enraged and offended, but in the end it ruins the image of what you are trying to accomplish.....i see few if any other coaches employ such extreme behavior as has Pelini, it is time for him to stop and now. Many will disagree and that is fine, but look back over the last 3 games and you can see Pelini and the kids unraveling. And I don't care what Martinez said or did, you don't poke the kid in the chest because you are the coach, especially while the cameras are rolling.......stupid mistake Bo, grow the hell up!

• Fire 1

I think it's 100% a perception issue, and not a reality issue...but this is a battle of public opinion we don't need to be fighting. I don't really have a problem with Bo getting in any player's face. Unless that player is on the field and we are counting on him to execute the next play, and Bo is screaming fire at him. He can do whatever he wants on the sideline if the player deserves it.

I think this is a concern, but there's no reason to lose any faith in what is, after all, a damn good HC. He will have time to get less rough on the edges.

Look, we can rail against this until the cows come home, but Bo has suddenly become his worst own enemy, in a lot of ways.

What i saw in the first half of the Aggie game was upsetting to me, but it has been building for several weeks now.

Bo has taken this "bitch-fest" against the officials to a new level, to the point he invites more calls than he deserves.

Anytime you go into someone else's house, you are gonna lose some calls, that is called home field advantage, that is part of the game and as a leader you need to expect it and overcome it too. And it should also come as no surprise that Beebe and others may even run a slant against the team through officiating, maybe not, but i do know this much for sure....Pelini does no one any good when he blows up at his own players and dresses them down on the sideline while a national audience looks on, it hurts the schools reputation, the coach's image and is unfair to the kids. He whaled on Martinez and acted like a damn fool, he acted like a thug!

Imagine what a potential recruit is thinking watching this from outside, yeah, not too bright for Bo to fire off......but the real problem is this, the kids are taking on the persona of the coach, frustration is inviting personal fouls to a level we have never seen before, the players are now acting like the coach, too often out of control and inviting calls by late hits, after play antics, etc. Sure, you can say some of the calls were questionable, but Bo has lost self control and so have the players, they emulate what they see (if you live in a family of screamers, you become one), sad but true. So if the coaches and kids act this way when we get to the Big 10, then what? Do we use the excuse that the Big 10 is giving us a "special welcome"?......God i hope not, but with Bo i don't see him changing.

I just think the time has come for Pelini to chill out and damn fast. He is quickly getting a reputation that will have a bad effect on this team and the university and we sure don't need that....anyone can act like a damn fool and act enraged and offended, but in the end it ruins the image of what you are trying to accomplish.....i see few if any other coaches employ such extreme behavior as has Pelini, it is time for him to stop and now. Many will disagree and that is fine, but look back over the last 3 games and you can see Pelini and the kids unraveling. And I don't care what Martinez said or did, you don't poke the kid in the chest because you are the coach, especially while the cameras are rolling.......stupid mistake Bo, grow the hell up!

Does anyone think that maybe next year when we're in the Big 10 and not getting screwed over quite so much that this won't be as much of an issue with the screaming at the refs? I think being back in his home conference may settle things down a bit for him on this front. I really don't have much of a problem with the refs thing, but I for one know that I don't respond well to being screamed at like a child and Steve Taylor spoke about this last night on Big Red Wrapup. It didn't seem to phase Taylor, but looks like he just did his best to ignore it. Maybe they are getting so accustomed to it that it has no effect on them anymore.

And while we're on the subject, does Carl do the same stuff? I mean, we all know he's fiery too and we frequently see him yelling at officials, but does he get in player's faces the same way? I guess I just haven't seen it much.

I wonder if any of the recruits watching at home with their parent are having second thoughts?

sure they are, ask yourself, is this guy going to enjoyable to play for? is this how he is going to "coach"?

not good.....just not good.

Yeah, sure they are. Because he's been so different the last two years. I'm sure we'll have a rash of decommits.

I wonder if any of the recruits watching at home with their parent are having second thoughts?

sure they are, ask yourself, is this guy going to enjoyable to play for? is this how he is going to "coach"?

Yeah, sure they are. Because he's been so different the last two years. I'm sure we'll have a rash of decommits.

I am sure all the offensive people are jumping up and down waiting to play for Watsons Vanilla offense.
  • Fire 1

I am sure all the offensive people are jumping up and down waiting to play for Watsons Vanilla offense.

Again...Aaron Green, Bubba Starling, Jamal Turner. All are committed here with the extremely pedestrian offense we had last year. Quit whining. It obviously has not affected recruiting.

The only reason we are vanilla anymore is because we don't have a quarterback. If Taylor were healthy, we would stomp all over teams, because yes, we can. If Zac were healthy, I don't know how he would do, but we'd have all the options in the world open to us (except for a home run from the QB, I suppose). Well, Zac's out and Taylor is 50%. So there you go.

I think it's 100% a perception issue, and not a reality issue...but this is a battle of public opinion we don't need to be fighting.

This is like the third thread you've mentioned this in and for the third time I agree.

People who think this is going to change with the B10, it's not if Bo doesn't show a little more respect for the refs even when they are wrong. They don't deserve respect with calls like we got last night but ultimately they are in charge and tirades lasting throughout the entire game are not helping. I don't even like to speculate on what the players are feeling but you do have to wonder how ripping guys like Legate and Cotton before the facts are in is affecting moral.

No fan should have to make excuses of apologies for their head coach. His actions on the side line were more disappointing than the loss for me.

I know he is a good man, and works his butt off, he just needs to control himself. He has had the same problem since the was here before. I think Tom will get him under control, but trust me the big buck boosters do not like seeing what they saw last night. We have motos on the gates that state what our actions are to be.

He may be the same guy he's been since he got here, but last night it just felt like he lost control. As the game is going on, and the players are all ready getting frustrated because every piece of yellow is being directed at them, he needs to be some kind of calming influence. When every other play he's either yelling at a ref or his own team, I wondered if we were going to see a Woody Hayes or Bobby Knight moment. And so did the camera guys and the spotters, because they were all over every one of his tirades.