Chatelain: Mere tweaks won't fix what ails NU's offense

Enhance

Unfortunately I think it's going to take every writer in the state of NE to write articles like this every day and specifically call out coaches by name before Bo will do anything about it. I just don't see him making any coaching changes, and that's too bad. Hopefully I'm wrong, but unless the entire state shows up at memorial stadium threatening to not buy tickets if nothing is changed, I just don't see a change coming.

Unfortunately I think it's going to take every writer in the state of NE to write articles like this every day and specifically call out coaches by name before Bo will do anything about it. I just don't see him making any coaching changes, and that's too bad. Hopefully I'm wrong, but unless the entire state shows up at memorial stadium threatening to not buy tickets if nothing is changed, I just don't see a change coming.

That's depressing as hell. Well, it's Bo's call to make.....and only he can make it. Time to pony up.

That's depressing as hell. Well, it's Bo's call to make.....and only he can make it. Time to pony up.

what i think is maybe Bo felt, like before this season, he'd thrown his saddle on watson, and changing horses would set the entire team back more than a sticking with him with the defense he felt he had in place. who knows tho. i cant help but think this was a make or break year for wats.

next year, gameplanning will be entirely different and playing new teams week in and out that we have no history with, so maybe the change comes then and its not as dramatic.

hope that made sense. it does in my head at least.

what i think is maybe Bo felt, like before this season, he'd thrown his saddle on watson, and changing horses would set the entire team back more than a sticking with him with the defense he felt he had in place. who knows tho. i cant help but think this was a make or break year for wats.

next year, gameplanning will be entirely different and playing new teams week in and out that we have no history with, so maybe the change comes then and its not as dramatic.

hope that made sense. it does in my head at least.

Kind of my line of thinking as well. Bo is certainly aware of the many situations in which a head coach is fired for not making staff changes. This is as good of a time as any, if it needs to be done.

What do you basethat on? This ain't Callie and Cos here. I don't think we can say yet whether Bo has the cajones to make a change like this.

Maybe Chatelain needs to be our new OC. I mean Watson has had 3 years under the new head coach Bo Pelini, Chatelain clearly thinks he knows what is best for the Huskers.

You could replace "Chatelain" with the name of almost any Husker fan. I mean, don't pretty much all of us think we know what is best for the NU offense?

Maybe Chatelain needs to be our new OC. I mean Watson has had 3 years under the new head coach Bo Pelini, Chatelain clearly thinks he knows what is best for the Huskers.

You could replace "Chatelain" with the name of almost any Husker fan. I mean, don't pretty much all of us think we know what is best for the NU offense?

While this is true, none of us agree with one another on what that is. Personally, I think our offensive woes start with the OL. Sometimes, they impose their will. Most of the time, they do not. Then, we have to move on to the receivers. I'm not exactly sure how anybody can get to the level of being a D1 starting WR without the capability of catching the ball consistently. Our WR's just don't catch the ball like they should. When the OL misses blocks and commits false starts and our WR's drop passes, our drives stall. Everytime it appeared we had something going offensively Saturday, we committed a penalty; missed a block; or dropped a very catchable pass. Our offense handles the ball like it's a hot potato. We lead the country in fumbles. I don't care who is calling the plays because they will never work when blocks are missed, the ball is fumbled, catches are dropped, or we get stupid mental penalties like false start; illegal formation; etc.

While this is true, none of us agree with one another on what that is. Personally, I think our offensive woes start with the OL. Sometimes, they impose their will. Most of the time, they do not. Then, we have to move on to the receivers. I'm not exactly sure how anybody can get to the level of being a D1 starting WR without the capability of catching the ball consistently. Our WR's just don't catch the ball like they should. When the OL misses blocks and commits false starts and our WR's drop passes, our drives stall. Everytime it appeared we had something going offensively Saturday, we committed a penalty; missed a block; or dropped a very catchable pass. Our offense handles the ball like it's a hot potato. We lead the country in fumbles. I don't care who is calling the plays because they will never work when blocks are missed, the ball is fumbled, catches are dropped, or we get stupid mental penalties like false start; illegal formation; etc.

So you're telling me there's a chance?

958864592_bcb534d11a_o.jpg

I have a feeling that Osbourne has a part in the retention of Watson... If it was completely up to Bo, he would have been gone after last season...