At Kyle Field

I'd just like to start off this post by saying I hold no ill will towards Texas A&M fans. You guys were great while I was in College Station sans one drunk college student Friday night. I had a great time and Northgate was fun (didn't really understand why everyone said we had to go to the Dixie Chicken though). In fact, I had fun the whole time I was down there except for when I was actually in Kyle Field for the game. Yeah, the game sucked but this story has little to do with the game itself.

Kyle Field is a great venue. After the game was over I had to play ego killer and lie to A&M fans that had never been to Lincoln and tell them that Memorial Stadium is louder than that with earplugs in. Damn that place was loud.

My girlfriend, her cousin, her cousin's husband and I ended up sitting 8 rows up in section 101. We had seats 17-20. We show up and get to our seats and after a bit here comes trouble. The four seats to the right next to us were now taken up by A&M fans. That's fine. We ended up standing most of the game because it seems that was what the whole section was doing. Except for these ladies to the right of use. The sat pretty much the whole game. We noticed we were staring to lose space and somehow were all standing half-cocked sideways. They were moving in on our seats to gain more room (the lady directly to the right of us was a bit hefty). Being the visiting fans and not wanting to cause a scene we put up with it since we were standing anyway but we were soon standing 4 people in essentially 3 seats worth of standing room. I had had enough of being nice at this point and turned to the lady and said "Ok, seriously, what the f***?!?! You're taking up our seats, we paid for these you know."(This will be key when I end the story) She and her friend (there were 8 of them, 4 others sitting in the row in front of them) start getting all pissy and play dumb like that was there seat all along. She tells me that we better back off because we were outnumbered to which a couple nice Aggie gentlemen replied "No they're not" and went on to say how they thought that was BS too. Then the lady asked to see our tickets. We show them to her and I state something about how her body was slowing oozing into our seat and forcing us on top of each other. Words were exchanged and we were called "crackers" probably more than once. The tickets cleary showed that she was in our seat but she refused to believe that and she also refused to show us her ticket. One of the nice Aggie fans sitting behind us went to get and usher and explained the situation. The problem was fixed for a short time and then it happened again, but this time it was only about half a seat. Not wanting to get tossed, so we put up with it since it was near the end of the game and we were standing the whole rest of the game anyway. I really wanted to punch her. Who was that person you say.....?

Von Miller's mother.

Keep it classy.