Ambiguous thread titles

GMoose

Please, please, please, if you're starting a thread, don't try and be cute and give it an extremely ambiguous title like "Consider this..." or "Offense". I don't know if people think it's funny, clever, or what, but it is annoying as hell and I know I'm not the only who feels this way.

Mods, I know it's subjective, but a rule against this perhaps?

• Fire 1

I'll make this attempt - the threads with ridiculously ambiguous titles will be the first ones I merge into other, similar threads. Lord knows we have half a dozen threads per topic anyway. I'll try to minimize confusion by merging the especially indecipherably titled threads into ones with more understandable titles.

• Fire 3

Or better yet like the 30 seconds between posts...wish you could have only so many new threads per day/week depending on post count and time as a member. That would cut down on some of these silly titles as the thread count would decrease and there'd be less need to merge all the new hot topic of the day threads.

Funny thing - the first ambiguous thread I merged into another, better-titled thread earned me grief. You try to please some people and you torque off others.

Ira, I like that idea. A limit on the number of threads you could start in a 24-hour period would cut down on a lot of the clutter we have, but I think it would be tough to implement and would likely cause more angst than it resolves.

Funny thing - the first ambiguous thread I merged into another, better-titled thread earned me grief. You try to please some people and you torque off others.

Ira, I like that idea. A limit on the number of threads you could start in a 24-hour period would cut down on a lot of the clutter we have, but I think it would be tough to implement and would likely cause more angst than it resolves.

hey, sometimes you gotta ruffle a few feathers to make a pie. or something like that. i just really have pie on my mind.

hey, sometimes you gotta ruffle a few feathers to make a pie. or something like that. i just really have pie on my mind.

yeah pumpkin, pecan...mmmmmmm