Colorado thoughts

tmfr15

If Cody Green is playing QB, I don't see how we could possibly win. Colorado is good against the run and will load the box. We'll be lucky to score in double-digits.

Yes, CU is good against the run. But that's mostly because of their speed. They play a nickel D (I think) that depends heavily on guys swarming to the ball. Obviously the NU offense has seen this before and experienced what happens against fast defenses when we use the zone read as opposed to a north-south attack. Our zone read does not work nearly as well when we're running sideline to sideline. But, if we attack the heart of their D by running right at it, we have success because we neutralize their speed.

Hopefully our offensive game plan consists of heavy doses of this north-south running game. Whether Green or Martinez is QB, that's the attack that will work.

If Cody Green is playing QB, I don't see how we could possibly win. Colorado is good against the run and will load the box. We'll be lucky to score in double-digits.

Yes, CU is good against the run. But that's mostly because of their speed. They play a nickel D (I think) that depends heavily on guys swarming to the ball. Obviously the NU offense has seen this before and experienced what happens against fast defenses when we use the zone read as opposed to a north-south attack. Our zone read does not work nearly as well when we're running sideline to sideline. But, if we attack the heart of their D by running right at it, we have success because we neutralize their speed.

Hopefully our offensive game plan consists of heavy doses of this north-south running game. Whether Green or Martinez is QB, that's the attack that will work.

I have to admit..i believe we will lose this game...but looking on the bright side..we wont have to face an offense like Okie State in the Big 12 title with an inept offense of our own..we already saw what Okie State can do to our defense..what would the score to that game be...im guessing somewhere around 35-10...same things goes if Oklahama makes to the Big 12 title game.

I have to admit..i believe we will lose this game...but looking on the bright side..we wont have to face an offense like Okie State in the Big 12 title with an inept offense of our own..we already saw what Okie State can do to our defense..what would the score to that game be...im guessing somewhere around 35-10...same things goes if Oklahama makes to the Big 12 title game.

:troll:

If Cody starts, I think we Wats needs to show unwarranted amounts of confidence in him right from the start. I feel like there's a psychological issue at play when we come out and play super conservative when Green is in. Behind the back handoff to Helu, Wildcat, slant pass, WR screen, zone read (or pretend zone read at least), etc. It's so obvious to Green that Wats is scared of him screwing up that he becomes more tense and worried about screwing up. Vicious circle.

I say come out and play loose. Throw the ball downfield. Play-action roll-out with a run-pass option. Trick play. Get McNeil isolated and see if he can make a big play deep. Maybe we surprise a lot of people with a different mindset. If we take the ball right down and score, the momentum might destroy CU before they even have a chance. And if the philosophy fails miserably, go back in the shell and hope the Defense wins a 13-10 type game... but at least they can say they tried.