Tired of the National Press

Personally, i have a perspective different from most if not all others. I put the negative media attention of this all on Pearlman. I have never been a big fan of the guy and his comments Sunday stirred this whole pot. If he'd kept his mouth shut and spoke with Bo privately it would all been settled and Bo would not have had to open up the can of worms to begin the Press conference. It happens the way it did and the National media is "NU Chancellor uncomfortable with Bo's behavior" "Bo apologizes" "Osborne supports Bo" Pearlman doesnt want negative attention but yet he brought it all on by doing what he did.

I totally agree

What was Bo "yelling" at Martinez for? Do you know the story GoTigers?

I guarantee you ... every recruiter with a lack of integrity will use that incident for their own purposes ... regardless of what the truth of the circumstances are ... even though they don't know the entire story.

But I do agree with your post. Perception over truth wins when the whole story isn't told ... atleast that's my experience.

SheepdogMark

The Taylor martinez incident will haunt Bo Pelini for the rest of his career because of recruiting. Every single coach who competes with pelini for a recruit will pull this out. It's a guarantee.

Yeah...I fully expect Nick Saban to reference this incident and follow that up with "Now, son...I would never dream of treating a young man in such a deplorable manner."

Kids play football already. They've seen some yelling. I call an attempt to manufacture nervousness on GT. Mission failure. :)

I think most are missing the real problem, and that is the fans of Nebraska that are offended by the whole thing. Nothing about it is right, and my guess is it is a way bigger deal to the Chanellor, Coach Osborne and many more in the higher levels of the University.

Thinking that it is not a big deal and will go away as soon as we win again, is homerism at the highest. This will haunt Bo from this day forward, it will affect recruiting when Bo goes into a home to talk to a protective mother. It will be etched in her memory, not so much the Taylor incident but his actions in general. I am not saying it will stop us from getting the kids we need, but it is another obstacle, which we already have many, to overcome.

Bo is a great coach, and I think a very good person, but he has flaws, just like the rest of us. The number one problem is he is in a fishbowl, and he just made the fish bowl more of a center piece of the room.

We as some of the most rabid, have to understand, not all fans are as rabid, nor capable of overlooking things as we are. We are the minority in the fan base.

I am over talking about this anymore as it is not positive, we have a game today that needs our attention.