Play the freshmen!

np_husker

Funny, a couple times he about ran all the way out on to the field doing what you would call "coaching". It's the difference between being there and seeing what ABC shows you.

... are you saying ABC sports didn't show the whole story. that Brent Pussberger may be... dare i say... biased?

... i... i don't know what to think any more.

Now let's be fair. I hate Mussberger as much as the next Husker, but to be honest, any unfair coverage wouldn't be his fault. He just announces the games, he doesn't determine what camera will be used at what time. Different guy's job. Perhaps he was biased, I don't know, but Mussberger wasn't to blame.

So he wasnt the one that constantly said something to the effect of This offense isnt working, this offense wont work, this offense, blah blah blah, while mentioning nothing about the Pitt offense except about how wonderful their freshman runningback was. Not even a mention of Ross being in the top ten rushers in Nebraska history. If that isnt bias, I dont know what is.

Funny, a couple times he about ran all the way out on to the field doing what you would call "coaching". It's the difference between being there and seeing what ABC shows you.

... are you saying ABC sports didn't show the whole story. that Brent Pussberger may be... dare i say... biased?

Now let's be fair. I hate Mussberger as much as the next Husker, but to be honest, any unfair coverage wouldn't be his fault. He just announces the games, he doesn't determine what camera will be used at what time. Different guy's job. Perhaps he was biased, I don't know, but Mussberger wasn't to blame.

No, it isn't his fault. But most of the time he can be pretty biased in his calling.

Anyway, it's hard to get the whole picture when you are watching the game on TV. Any TV. It's simply impossible to give you everything you want to see on one screen at one time. There's nothing like being there, though. You get to observe so much more. :thumbs

No, it isn't his fault. But most of the time he can be pretty biased in his calling.

Anyway, it's hard to get the whole picture when you are watching the game on TV. Any TV. It's simply impossible to give you everything you want to see on one screen at one time. There's nothing like being there, though. You get to observe so much more. :thumbs

TBS came close for that Wake game, though, if you had Dish.

So he wasnt the one that constantly said something to the effect of This offense isnt working, this offense wont work, this offense, blah blah blah, while mentioning nothing about the Pitt offense except about how wonderful their freshman runningback was. Not even a mention of Ross being in the top ten rushers in Nebraska history. If that isnt bias, I dont know what is.

Oh no. I agree that Mussberger's announcing was biased, but I was saying it wasn't his job to swing the cameras left and right to show what was happening on the field any any particular point in time. And as for televised viewings of the games vs. actually being there: man... don't rub it in. :)

Couple of things-didn't get to see the game YET, but will soon as the video is up...can't believe that Cally isn't "seeing" how his offense is sputtering. Someone should be yelling into the headset about the rushing thing working very well. With the success, more than one time over a series of three-four plays, of a running game the passing lanes open up and defenses soften.

Damn the script. If Cally can't realize what is wrong with the play calling, his statistics NERD should be fired and replaced by someone who is NOT committed to pass first.

Now I live in Vegas and I have no clue what the weather pattern has been like in Lincoln in the past four and a half years since moving, but 25 years of living in Nebraska forecasts that wind, rain, and the white stuff, SNOW, aren't that far away. Not to mention sub-50 degree game day conditions, etc.

The running game sets a big precedent for the success of a WCO, Bill said so himself as we worked through his first spring practices last year. We have the studs and Pitt couldn't stop Ross unless something broke down.

Execution is what it all comes down to, and someone, O-line are you listening, isn't quite doing the job. Line coaches need to find someone to do the job, and all will be 42-6 in Huskerland again. A week off before the next game will give them time to analyze. Maybe the computer geeks in the FB office will dust off Madden 06 and get a clue. WCO doesn't win there either.

Again, can't wait to "see" the game,

Huskereb

Didn't a famous Nebraska football coach say at one time that "success is a journey, not a destination!"? I think I remember TO having that manta through some nearly successful seasons in the late 70s and the 80s. GO Huskers!

the one thing cally won't do is change his approach to play calling.....although i think he should adjust it for every game, maybe to some degree he is?.......i am beginning to wonder if he really wants to exploit the defenses weaknesses or "just try to take what I want"...call me a pain in the butt, but that comment sticks in my head and i am beginning to think he is determined to run the O this way until the guys get it right? hell i dunno what to think anymore, but as i said earlier, it isn't ALL coaching, but the O has got to figure out a way to score some points, good teams overcome penalities too...

hunter

Again, I thought the play calling was decent. I probably would have ran the ball when we passed a couple times, but overall I think we did an OK job of moving the ball. But then we would rack up 20 yards in penalties and that would kill the drive. I just don't see where you guys are seeing this horrible play calling.

what i am refering to Dave, is his decision to feature a 2 tight end set, when everyone knows we don't have any tight ends!! hell, why would you design a plan to play using your weakness?? makes no damn sense?? and still not using Cody when the time called for it.........and the play/play calling after Nunns big punt return, hell that was pitiful!!

hunter

what i am refering to Dave, is his decision to feature a 2 tight end set, when everyone knows we don't have any tight ends!! hell, why would you design a plan to play using your weakness?? makes no damn sense?? and still not using Cody when the time called for it.........and the play/play calling after Nunns big punt return, hell that was pitiful!!

hunter

Yea, I am not sure what he was trying to accomplish with the two tight end set.

Do you know anything about Pitt's defense as far a schemes??? did I hear a no. They play cover two over the top and aggresive man coverage underneath. That makes them succeptible to two things. Underneath rub and misdirection plays, which we ran alot of, and tightends matched up on linebackers running down the seam, which we ran, but couldnt execute because our tightends cant catch, or line up properly. I have no issue with the play calling in this game. If you didnt notice Ross had over THIRTY carries. We werent passing first and running second, it was the other way around. Fricken penalties absolutely killed us. Its hard to run the ball over and over again when you crank off a six yarder, get a holding or illegal formation call, and have 1 and 20 or 15.

Ross had over 150 yds . . . . I don't think it's the rb or qb that's the problem. Granted Taylor could be playing better but the O-line play isnt consistent enough to give him the chance. I'd hate to see Beck in there if he's gonna get hurt for nothing or to ruin his confidence. Just my thoughts.

So why not give beck and Lucky some series, let'em try it. Who knows, quite often, when the back-up QB comes in, it gives the whole team a shot in the arm. Just a thought.

beck is just not ready.....cally just needs to stop the fancy NFL sh#t and have his players execute the plays.....once they are comfortable they can shift later if he still thinks it makes any damn diffrence.....my bitch is they come out in the 2nd half and still run the same inaffective bs formations.....that is my bitch with the play calling and all the shifts, first time this year we went to the 2 TE formation extensively and he has to thow in the shifts.....totally fing worthless!

hunter