Odds we win today

I feel very uneasy about this game. Moreso than any game all year. I really dont think we can win. I put our odds at winning at about 40/60.

Reasons:

1. No TM

2. CU is playing better the last couple weeks

3. CU has the opportunity to play spoiler and get their 6th win

4. All of the hoopla surrounding Bo, TM quitting the team, Carl assaulting camera man controversy

5. Refs

6. Niles Paul is out (this is debatable whether it will hurt)

7. CG at QB, we all know Watson will not formulate a plan that suits him

I am very hard pressed to find reasons we will win. One could say we have are far more talented, but I dont know if talent alone is enough to overcome the 7 glaring issues I have posted. Whats everyone elses opinion and am i crazy?

I remember several years back when we all basically were resigned to the fact that the Buffs were going to spank us. As it turned out we beat them by some 30 points and they finished the game without their student section. I'm hoping that the Huskers regroup and the defense controls the game. Once again we all have little faith in our offense or this would just be a scrimmage.

We win today.

1) Colorado is playing hot right now, but have done so (a) at home (b ) against some lousy defenses. Whatever spurt they'll get from the coaching change has got to run out sooner or later.

2) Forget all that stuff about them being motivated to (a) ruin our season and/or (b ) become bowl eligible. Those same interests didn't help Texas get a win over their hated rivals A&M at home last night. I doubt they'll do much to fuel Colorado on the road.

3) The teams that do the best against us seem to regard themselves as the underdog and come in playing for broke. (See SDSU, Texas, Iowa State.) Teams that come into the game thinking they are hot sh*t tend to get curb stomped. (See K State, Missouri.) From everything I've seen, Colorado sees us as the wounded animal and regards themselves as tough stuff since they pushed around K State and Iowa State. If history is any indicator, they are in for a colossal dose of reality.

4) If anything, the team will use the past weeks' debacle as motivation. We got screwed by the refs and everyone not wearing Aggie maroon (and even many who do) know it. The team will not only come out looking for blood, but they will play clean so as not to let the refs have any reason to flag us. Look for the team to be extra careful about penalties today.

4a) I cannot see the refs being so blatant a second time in a row. The shoddy officiating at A&M has already drawn murmurings of protest from national media (see Pat Forde, the CBS analysts, etc.) and it would bubble over into a fully-fledged scandal if it happened a second time in a row. The media would eat this up with a spoon now that the Cam Newton story has cooled. Look for the refs to call a fair game today; they'll save their shenanigans for the CCG.

5) Martinez is not playing today due to an apparent injury, which sweeps the whole Martinez-Pelini controversy cleanly off to the side. In addition, Cody Green was named the starter early in the week, giving him all of the snaps he needs to get up to speed. Watson knows that all eyes are on him, and he generally shows up when he's been called out by the public. (See Missouri.) Look for the offense to come out in some I-formations and to use play action to shred Colorado's horrible secondary. Cody Green will throw a TD pass or two.

All of the above equals a win, IMO.

• Fire 1